GOAL: Chicken Coop for under $50 with Pallets! (**Progress Pics!**)

The coop is great! There is a machinery/tool rental place down the road from us and I saw a sign out for free pallets! I'm going to stop there today....I gotta build a small coop for my silkies as I don't want them in the big coop with the larger breeds. I have some 4x4 ptl to use for the legs and enough scrap plywood for the inside walls. I also have some rolled rubber roofing and will use that on the floor to keep it dry. Can't wait to start, heat has been awful but much cooler today! Thanks for the incentive.
~Gigi

Arguh
he.gif

I can't get to your blog. More picts please? I really want to see how it's coming along.

We got the rest of the roof on this weekend and the rest of one wall so we are getting a lot closer!
I will post pics from this weekends work tonight when I get home =)

Next up we will need to fill in some small holes, do the drop door and put in the vinyl flooring.

Pics to come =)

canesisters, good luck with your windows! Ours were easy, we just had to cut the hole for ours and screw them in! We lucked out in that way cause it was so easy.
But our windows are not nearly as cute as yours! They are just aluminum!

Lonnie, I love using pallets for things. I actually made our headboard out of pallets! Maybe I will post a pic on here (kinda off topic here i guess) . I love the look of old wood and pallets are perfect! =)

Just keep using your imagination and ideas. Me..... I have an old shed to use for a coop but rite now my son is using it for storage until he gets his own place. After that it will become a coop and a run. I will post pics when I start my project.

here is s pic of the headboard I made out of pallets

Little off topic, but so much can be done with the free wood and some creativity as you said Lonnie!! =)

here is s pic of the headboard I made out of pallets

Little off topic, but so much can be done with the free wood and some creativity as you said Lonnie!! =)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! xxx

Hmmm...I do need a new headboard for my guest bedroom, perhaps a pallet headboard is in my future!

WRVgirl...Thanks! It was pretty easy. I think I will be doing a post on my blog about how i did it, if I do, i will let you know =)

Back
Top Bottom