Goat Questions

The blood is small reddish-brown, some touch the tail. I'm worried if it would kid. About two months to go.

The blood is small reddish-brown, some touch the tail. I'm worried if it would kid. About two months to go.
Hmm. I don't want to upset you, I really don't, but it MAY mean she lost the kid. And it may not. The blood may be nothing. Time will tell but in any event there isn't much you can do about it. Keep a sharp eye around the pen in case there is a dead fetus she passed. One thing you can do. Stand behind the doe and clasp your hands together under her belly right in front of her udder. Push up sharply and you should be able to feel the kids when they come back down. At least you can when she is about four months along. I don't know if you will be able to feel them at three months or not. That may be too early. You might try it once, but don't keep doing it.

She is moving around fine since yesterday without a discharge. Does pregnant goat eat a lot and love to move around?

Pregnant goats do tend to eat a bit more than dry non pregnant goats. Moving around is a good thing. In fact I would make my heavily pregnant goats get up and walk around a bit every day whether they wanted to or not. The exercise helps prevent a number of problems.

My pregnant goat is not eating well, what might be the problem and what can I do.
How pregnant is she? If she is in late pregnancy, pregnancy toxemia is a possibility. Treatment for pregnancy toxemia is propylene glycol. A trip to the vet may be in order.

How long or how many times must a buck cross a doe before getting pregnant.
By cross do you mean mount and breed her? Once is enough, although when I was hand breeding I would have the buck cover the doe twice. Sometimes the buck goes through all the motions but shoots a blank. Found that out when we were collecting bucks for AI.

I'm getting ready to have my first set of kids!! I'm very excited but it's my first time. Thankfully Cinnamon has done this before!
1f917.png
I believe this is her second or maybe third time. She usually has twins and I'm pretty sure that's what we are dealing with this time by the looks of her. I've been
reading about the signs to watch for and just want some friendly advice so I handly it smoothly for the ole girl! She is due February 20th. I have her in a nice stall getting plenty of hay,feed and water daily. She's walking around with no problems. I swear I never see her laying down though! Her tail is constantly in the air but no signs of mucous. The udder has not dropped yet. I make sure to pet and talk to her whenever I'm in the barn but she will NOT let me touch her sides or stomach. Head and neck are free game! Any suggestions would be great! I know being her second time,at least, she will probably be ok. I just worry about my girl!
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom