what breed of goat is this?

chicken1234

Crowing
12 Years
Nov 11, 2011
Ontario Canada
I saw this ad posted for goats for sale. I'm assuming its a breed of dairy goat? I contacted the owner asking breed mix and size range and all he replied was the kids are with their mom which doesn't help me. I don't want to bother him but if someone knows the breed I can look it up to see if they would fit my farm. I'm only familiar with miniature Nigerian dwarf and pygmy.

Attachments

• IMG_2901.jpg
    IMG_2901.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 24
The white color is more or less dominant. When you breed a Saanen to any other breed the kids are usually white. The flop ears on the kids show they have some Nubian blood. Saanens are nice goats. They are usually calm, quiet, and good producers.

I saw this ad posted for goats for sale. I'm assuming its a breed of dairy goat? I contacted the owner asking breed mix and size range and all he replied was the kids are with their mom which doesn't help me. I don't want to bother him but if someone knows the breed I can look it up to see if they would fit my farm. I'm only familiar with miniature Nigerian dwarf and pygmy.
My first thought was also Saanen or Saanen cross offspring.. The mama looks Saanen.. scrolling down, looks like it may be the concusses.

Seeing the last post about floppy ears, which I also noticed.. (don't know if they perk out more with age like some dog breeds) but Boer goats also have them.. I'm not sure what might indicate the difference between the two possibilities or if there are more I'm not familiar with.

Happy Goatie adventures! :wee

Back
Top Bottom