New to goats! (NDG)

ElfenLied89

Crowing
May 30, 2023
South Carolina
Just got two baby Nigerian Dwarf goats yesterday.

One boy and one girl, and they are 6 days old. I am feeding them about 3 ounces of whole milk (warmed of course) every 4 hours.

They have different moms but the same dad.

They jump around in the house and nibble on stuff.

Female was raised with mom. Male was bottle fed from birth. Male doesn't really bleat. Female won't hush lol.

Need any and all advice!

Black one is female (named Oreo (yes...original name over here lol))
Beige looking one is male (obviously) (He still needs a name)

Attachments

• 20240226_144630.jpg
    20240226_144630.jpg
    340 KB · Views: 73
  • 20240225_204426.jpg
    20240225_204426.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 9
This may be a little premature, but if you leave the buck kid a buck, I would separate them before they are three months old. I once had an Alpine doeling get pregnant when she was just over three months of age. Everything turned out ok but that is not something I would want to repeat.

Agree with cassie. And you would want to breed them together because they’re brother and sister.

They are cute! I’ve got 26 Nigerian Dwarf babies and more on the way! They are old enough to only be fed 4 times a day.

This may be a little premature, but if you leave the buck kid a buck, I would separate them before they are three months old. I once had an Alpine doeling get pregnant when she was just over three months of age. Everything turned out ok but that is not something I would want to repeat.
Oh my. The guy told me 7 months old at the minimum. This is why I like getting goat advice from others.

Should I take his manhood and let them be besties? Since they are half siblings? Idk how inbreeding works with goats.

Agree with cassie. And you would want to breed them together because they’re brother and sister.

They are cute! I’ve got 26 Nigerian Dwarf babies and more on the way! They are old enough to only be fed 4 times a day.
Well I definitely don't want baby goats anytime soon (if breeding half siblings is alright)! What about in heat diapers or something? Do they make those for goats?

Well I definitely don't want baby goats anytime soon (if breeding half siblings is alright)! What about in heat diapers or something? Do they make those for goats?
its not recomended to breed any type of siblings together. you can breed father to daughter. they make buck aprons, ive never used them. i probaly wouldnt trust it

Back
Top Bottom