First Goats!!

Honestly I'm super lucky that my husband wanted them more than I did! I hope you can get goats someday :fl
I have accepted it, I will not get any, for sure. I have been doing a bunch of research on Valais Blacknose Sheep.
If, a big IF, I ever feel I can meet the needs of a few, he has agreed to the sheep. I will be the one to care for them. LoL, goats has been the only definite NO...

I have accepted it, I will not get any, for sure. I have been doing a bunch of research on Valais Blacknose Sheep.
If, a big IF, I ever feel I can meet the needs of a few, he has agreed to the sheep. I will be the one to care for them. LoL, goats has been the only definite NO...
I have always heard sheep are harder than goats…and significantly dumber too. Not sure how much of that is true though. Goats seem to be very low maintenance. They are also cheaper to feed than my chickens. “Might” be because I only have 2 doelings and like 40+ chickens though. 😬
I'm so jealous...
It took a lot of convincing…🤣

Happy to say it was worth it! My girls are everything 💞
74A1AB69-7C82-426D-82AC-D61BBD0F16F2.jpeg

He had a bad experience with a large buck... with horns... and something about it peeing on its own face... LMAO, it was a whole THING apparently....
I may be too old to take on sheep. I may just stick with my chickens..
I have 4 separate flocks, one is large, mainly pets and I share their eggs with everyone. The other 3, we somehow acquired a few at a time, and we love them.

He had a bad experience with a large buck... with horns... and something about it peeing on its own face... LMAO, it was a whole THING apparently....
I may be too old to take on sheep. I may just stick with my chickens..
Ah I see. A bad first impression. Well, first impressions sure are everything!

Yeah. Can’t take chickens for granted, that’s for sure. I do find goats to be easier than chickens though. Less predators, less reproductive issues, longer lifespans, etc.

Ah I see. A bad first impression. Well, first impressions sure are everything!

Yeah. Can’t take chickens for granted, that’s for sure. I do find goats to be easier than chickens though. Less predators, less reproductive issues, longer lifespans, etc.
Yes, they are easier. If you just give them hay for the day they are all set. I love my chickens WAY more then my goats though..

I need people to be excited with me! I just got my first goats! Two baby girls, one is full Nigerian dwarf (brown one, named Dusty!) and the other is an alpine dwarf mix (the black+white one, daisy!) They've already completely stolen my heart ❤️
I'm so excited for this new chapter in my farming experience!! (Sorry about the messy background 😅)
Awe so adorable

Back
Top Bottom