Goats!!!

We don't. I personally wouldn't unless you have troubles with coyotes, wolves or stray dogs, but I can see wanting to keep them safe.

We don't. I personally wouldn't unless you have troubles with coyotes, wolves or stray dogs, but I can see wanting to keep them safe.

We really don't have those concerns but it seems they do. I know it's only been 2 nights but they've chosen to spend most of nights on top of coops which makes me think they don't feel safe. I think we're going to build door today,

Mine always go in at night, very seldom do they stay outside at night. We have a canvas flap over our doorway. So they do like to be in at night but are free to go out whenever they want.

I dont see why you should have to lock up your goats if you have the appropriate fencing for the predators in the area. If you have foxes or coyotes, hot wire should keep them out.

Funny story, I was at a goat show about 3 hours away. It ended at about 10:00 PM, so we got back with the goat at about 1 AM. All the other goats were lying down outside in the light of the barn.

I have a tree guy that is cutting trees on my property who has a truck full of pine wood chips. He said I could have them, I thought it would be good to use in the goat stalls and chicken coops, but some online says chips are a no no. Has anyone used them before? Should I or not?

We don't, even though we have yotes. The goat houses aren't predator proof, and if something gets them in the house they don't stand a chance. We had a dog attack a couple years back and the house worked in the dog's favor.

We have big mama in the far pen and her horns are no joke. She doesn't take any attitude from other animals either.

The minis are in with the ram sheep, and he has horns but he's only about 85-95lb. He doesn't go in the shed as much as the others do. He ha a watch spot where he seems to take shifts to sleep and watch.

On nights when there is a lot of activity, yapping and howling yotes, they all stand watch.

There are 5 in their herd total, so the fuss they would kick up would be heard for miles. Between them and the dog, humans would arrive quickly.

Just the feed me yells at 6:30am have me jumping out of bed to make the noise stop.

I have used pine shavings. My favorite bedding was shavings with some straw on top. If the chips are dry I don't see a problem. Are these milk goats? I read that sometimes there is a bacterium found on pine shavings that might cause mastitis, but I don't think the shavings causing the problem in this case were thoroughly dry.

I have used pine shavings. My favorite bedding was shavings with some straw on top. If the chips are dry I don't see a problem.  Are these milk goats? I read that sometimes there is a bacterium found on pine shavings that might cause mastitis, but I don't think the shavings causing the problem in this case were thoroughly dry.
they will be for milk next year they are doelings right now, the chips are fairly dry not completely, they just got cut

Back
Top Bottom