Going to try and hatch grocery store chicken eggs!

Pics

Ccisdacute1

Chirping
Jun 26, 2022
I know the chances of this working is very very low but its an exciting and fun little experiment! I am currently in Denmark and bought some organic free range chicken eggs. There are 6 and they were refrigerated so this should be interesting! Right now I have them sitting to reach about room temperature before I put them in the incubator. So they will go in today and I will candle around maybe the 7th day maybe sooner. Has anyone else tried this? Or even had success? 😂 any advice, tips and or tricks!?

Attachments

• 4480B03B-7917-4731-A54B-FA9008DD60B2.jpeg
    4480B03B-7917-4731-A54B-FA9008DD60B2.jpeg
    495.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 6FB3397B-8FE6-4635-B015-72C0E070B9C7.jpeg
    6FB3397B-8FE6-4635-B015-72C0E070B9C7.jpeg
    472.8 KB · Views: 7
I've not purchased 'store bought' eggs to incubate.
I have purchased eggs from 'the lady down the street' and incubated those very successfully.
I have also refrigerated eggs that were laid by members of my flock, to collect enough to fill the incubator at the end of the week, and incubated those with great success as well.
The 'lady down the street' eggs had about 75% hatch out.
The 'fridge to incubator' eggs had about 50% hatch out; I too allowed these cold eggs to reach room temperature before allowing them to warm up in the incubator. I also rotated their position (tilt) of these eggs while they were in the refrigerator as I knew that I wanted to incubate them.
Good luck on your experiment and please keep us posted.

I've not purchased 'store bought' eggs to incubate.
I have purchased eggs from 'the lady down the street' and incubated those very successfully.
I have also refrigerated eggs that were laid by members of my flock, to collect enough to fill the incubator at the end of the week, and incubated those with great success as well.
The 'lady down the street' eggs had about 75% hatch out.
The 'fridge to incubator' eggs had about 50% hatch out; I too allowed these cold eggs to reach room temperature before allowing them to warm up in the incubator. I also rotated their position (tilt) of these eggs while they were in the refrigerator as I knew that I wanted to incubate them.
Good luck on your experiment and please keep us posted.
Wow thats cool! Thanks for the info! I definitely will. Fingers crossed!

I know the chances of this working is very very low but its an exciting and fun little experiment! I am currently in Denmark and bought some organic free range chicken eggs. There are 6 and they were refrigerated so this should be interesting! Right now I have them sitting to reach about room temperature before I put them in the incubator. So they will go in today and I will candle around maybe the 7th day maybe sooner. Has anyone else tried this? Or even had success? 😂 any advice, tips and or tricks!?
If they have a rooster in their flock where the eggs came from, then chances are good! Just because they’re organic doesn’t necessarily mean they have a rooster living with them. Looks like the eggs were packed on June 30, eggs are normally packed the same day they are laid so chances are good they are fresh. I was able to successfully hatch a chick from grocery store eggs but they were marked as fertile.
You just have to wait and see when you candle if they’re fertile or not. If they are fertile then chances are good you’ll get something out of it. Held og lykke! 😊

If they have a rooster in their flock where the eggs came from, then chances are good! Just because they’re organic doesn’t necessarily mean they have a rooster living with them. Looks like the eggs were packed on June 30, eggs are normally packed the same day they are laid so chances are good they are fresh. I was able to successfully hatch a chick from grocery store eggs but they were marked as fertile.
You just have to wait and see when you candle if they’re fertile or not. If they are fertile then chances are good you’ll get something out of it. Held og lykke! 😊
Im hoping they did have a rooster! There’s no way to tell unless there is some development. I made sure to pick the freshest eggs I could find. This is a shot in the dark but extremely exciting! Ill be sure to update as the days go by! Mange tak 😊!

Back
Top Bottom