Gold Laced Cochin Roo for Black Sex Link?

Cool Chicky

In the Brooder
Apr 1, 2023
I have chicks from Barred Rock hens covered by Gold Laced Cochin Rooster… will these be black sex link chicks? Would be amazing if so 😍

Yes, they will. Males will have the white head spot on the back of their heads, and females will not. Later the males will have barred feathering, and the females will be black with gold leakage, and won't be barred.

Any non-barred male crossed with a barred female will give similar results, except when the male is white.

Yes, they will. Males will have the white head spot on the back of their heads, and females will not. Later the males will have barred feathering, and the females will be black with gold leakage, and won't be barred.

Any non-barred male crossed with a barred female will give similar results, except when the male is white.
Thank you so much! Now I don’t have to wait to sex the several chicks I have ☺️ This will be useful in the future as well. I also found an article/post on here that is very thorough about sex links. Best information this far in my search!

Back
Top Bottom