Gone broody or something else?

bigred77

Chirping
Mar 25, 2015
Marble Falls, TX
Found my silver laced Wyandotte up under my fig tree this afternoon laying down. I picked her up with no fussing or resistance, which is really rare for her as she is the hardest one to catch of my whole flock(7 birds total now). I took her over by where I had just thrown some scratch, and she just plopped down. Showed no interest in the scratch and walked around about 10 feet to where there is typically water standing in a sprinkler heard. So I thought maybe she was thirsty, I picked her up again (again no running or anything) and put her in the coop near the water can.
She kind of half way walked up the ramp to the roost and laying boxes then stood around. Now she is just laying in the grass next to the water can.

I did find a broken egg in the box this morning, but I thought it was just due to the fact I have neglected to put more shavings in there and it hit the wood. No soft shell at all, just broken hard shell.
She did appear to have some "wetness" on her underside, maybe from the broken egg? The other egg I got out of that box today was covered in sticky goop, but I thought that was her egg.
Any ideas? Is she just going broody?
I have never had a broody chicken before. She is about 13.5 months old.

My dog is pretty concerned, won't leave her side
20160510_181643_zpsn2hgfvsg.jpg

She is the one chicken that "plays" most with my little dog. Babs is jumping around the coop right now trying to get her to come after her

Last edited:
usually they will pick a place and complain if you try to move them, I would say there might be something wrong, but I don't have the slightest as to what could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom