Gone goofy for galliformes

jobeibi

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 4, 2010
Florida Panhandle
Until about two weeks ago, the idea of backyard chickens was just one of those occasional notions that popped into my head now and then, but wasn't a serious consideration. Then the salmonella story hit the news, and I decided I should at least look into having my own hens, for security's sake.

I picked up a couple of books at the bookstore. Visited the local Feed & Seed. Joined this website. Perused the hatchery online stores.

Now? I can't. Stop. Thinking about. CHICKENS!

Yesterday, my coworker was talking to me about... um... something. I couldn't concentrate on the subject, though, because he was wearing a shirt with narrow black & white stripes. Oh! I really want some Dominiques!

Then this morning, someone rode in on a new motorcycle. It's all white, but the fuel tank has a black starburst pattern. I said, "oh, what a pretty bike!" and bit my tongue before I added, "Looks just like a Light Brahma chicken".

Everything I see, I mentally assess for coop or brooder functionality.

Oh, man. I am turning into a serious chicken coop, uh, kook.

Hello from Tucson and
welcome-byc.gif
That is how it starts. It's too late for you now. You've been lost to the birds.
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif
From Southern Indiana!!!!! Just wait-your just getting started-lol!!!! You picked the best place to be!!!!
frow.gif

I've experienced what you are describing. It's like you would love to just talk to someone, anyone, as long as it's about chickens. lol

welcome-byc.gif
from Texas

Back
Top Bottom