Goo coming out of newborn ducklings bellybutton???Help

nklanza91

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 3, 2012
Newborn duckling hatched but has some goo coming out of its belly!!Is this normal it looks like guts? Is there anything I should do ??Regards

Newborn duckling hatched but has some goo coming out of its belly!!Is this normal it looks like guts? Is there anything I should do ??Regards
Probably just left over yolk just leave it alone for now and see if it dries up by days end or sooner you still have it in the bator? They yolk sac is what they live on while still in the egg and when they hatch they live off the remains for a couple days so most likely that is what your seeing. can you post a pic?

Last edited:
Probably just left over yolk just leave it alone for now and see if it dries up by days end or sooner you still have it in the bator? They yolk sac is what they live on while still in the egg and when they hatch they live off the remains for a couple days so most likely that is what your seeing. can you post a pic?

There you go!!THankyou

It seems to be doing fine:)although it's not as jumpy as the others!!Funnily enough it's egg got mixed up before postage and it's a khaki cambell!! The other two are cayugas !! It still has that black thing on it's belly though!!It doesn't look so bad though cause it's dry!!!:)

It seems to be doing fine:)although it's not as jumpy as the others!!Funnily enough it's egg got mixed up before postage and it's a khaki cambell!! The other two are cayugas !! It still has that black thing on it's belly though!!It doesn't look so bad though cause it's dry!!!:)
Good to hear it will fall off in a couple days. don't forget pics. and KC is a really nice duck.
smile.png

Hi. I have a Cayuga that just hatched . Same issue. For several reasons we helped her hatch and she also has the bellybutton. The leftover sak was allready ruptured from her pecking and had fallen off. Is she okay? Just hatched twenty minutes ago.

Hi. I have a Cayuga that just hatched . Same issue. For several reasons we helped her hatch and she also has the bellybutton. The leftover sak was allready ruptured from her pecking and had fallen off. Is she okay? Just hatched twenty minutes ago.
Once it dries she'll probably be okay, just make sure no one is pecking at it. and she is kept on something that won't stick to it till it dries good. if you have betadine you could mix with soem warm water till it looks like weak tea and dab a little on there, but probably not necessary.

Back
Top Bottom