Good bye my love.

werttyy

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 16, 2011
Chicago
My amazing silver laced wyandotte just passed away recently. She was very weak and I had no idea why. She is still lying motionless in the brooder with the other chicks. I just don't have the strength to go in. What am I supposed to do? Bury her? Throw her in the garbage? I've never lost any (extremely close to my heart) living thing in my life before. Please help.

hugs.gif
I am sorry for your loss.

I have done both, burying chicks and chickens to throwing them in the garbage. Mainly just depends what season I am in.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I have always buried past pets (except fish). I have buried my chickens that past away too.

If she was close to your heart, in my opinion, burring her (if possible) will probably be more "respectful/meaningful."

So sorry for your loss!
hugs.gif
I would bury her. You could wrap her in a special cloth if you want. It would be a good idea to bury it as deep as you can. A grave marker wouldn't hurt either.
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
Im so sorry-I lost two modern game birds that were my youngests pets-we loved them dearly!!! they are in the freezer until I can bury them with her:(

Bury her in a flower garden-very deep so she won't be found. Sorry she is gone.

I'm sorry to hear about your chick. It is amazing how fast we get attached to them. I think if you can bury her it would be more meaningful for you to go through the process.

Back
Top Bottom