GOOSE BREEDING THREAD - for breeding, incubating, hatching and rearing.

Sorry I misspoke.

It's easy to be confused, especially when I said I was rooting for her to get a buff girl out of the eggs.
big_smile.png

Misslyd thats exciting! Look at the little youngster i just want to grab it! i think its really cool the way they carry buff genes it makes it very exciting when their eggs hatch to see if there is atleast one buff or 2 :)

8geese, that is trippy colored water but your geese look to be really enjoying it!

Chicory/Beignet are an extra sweet couple.  The gander does not turn into a seasonal monster with me (my hubby is a different story) and he loves every last gosling you give him.  That baby is one of theirs.  After Beignet gave me a bunch of eggs to sell, she had a late round of laying and hatched out a 4-pack herself in middle of July. :D

Its muddy run off from all the rain/snow/freeze we have had. Plus its a new pond i just had it dug out last August. Took all winter to fill up and hasnt settled yet.

Can you wait a bit, then until Missy goes broody AND a muscovy does??
That's what I have you guys for, this sending eggs through the mail and pooping them under a broody goose is all new to me, Do we wait till she is 100% sure she is broody so we don't waste the eggs in case I don't have a duck to sit on them? What do you think J? just wait till Missy is sitting and only coming out for R&R?

I agree it is fun to have mystery colors pop up. Last year, all four goslings that Beignet personally hatched were grey, but RiverGoddess hatched 1 or 2 buff girls from Beignet's eggs.

Thats so odd! Haha so if i cross breed my buff africans with my browns they babies will carry the buff gene! That would be very handy if thats true with my breeding programme !

It's really pathetic to steal someone's gosling. The people who do that don't know how much care they need, don't know how to care for them properly, and probably don't even realize the GOSLINGS still need heat. People can be so cold-hearted!

Not only did they steal it, but I'm willing to bet it didn't last long with the ones who did.

Yeah

I got them at 3 days old so they think of me as their momma I have a goose and 2 ganders they follow me around like kids. Very friendly towards me but a stranger they will hiss at . Funny and when they do something wrong I yell no and they kind of laugh at me .
They are like a big protective dogs
They are breeding right now so.
He is being very protective of the nest Right now I won't turn my back on him as a precaution . I was told to many horror stories.
you have to show them that you are their boss when they are young.
I think they are cute funny and fun to be around They will talk to you and play. I just love them.

Back
Top Bottom