GOOSE BREEDING THREAD - for breeding, incubating, hatching and rearing.

Does anybody know about this disease for birds that has canceled the fur and feather show in mount forest and if it is really cancelled? Thanks and plz reply if you know anything about it
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency extended two quarantine areas into one. I don't know if this includes the area of the show/sale but apparently the cancellation was done as a better to err on the side of caution then to risk spreading beyond the quarantine area.

Weird question... Today one of the male geese took an egg out of the nest and was trying to eat it. This is the first time I saw him do something like that, and I chased him away and took the egg away. I'm wondering if maybe it was a dud egg and he knew it, so he was destroying it. Or do I need to watch him around the other eggs? It was so bizarre!

Weird question... Today one of the male geese took an egg out of the nest and was trying to eat it. This is the first time I saw him do something like that, and I chased him away and took the egg away. I'm wondering if maybe it was a dud egg and he knew it, so he was destroying it. Or do I need to watch him around the other eggs? It was so bizarre!
I haven't seen that here yet. I really don't think they know if one is a dud or not since my goose is sitting on 7 fake goose eggs right now.And she dif thinks they are real. I have the bite marks to prove it. i am not sure what he was doing though.

I haven't seen that here yet. I really don't think they know if one is a dud or not since my goose is sitting on 7 fake goose eggs right now.And she dif thinks they are real. I have the bite marks to prove it. i am not sure what he was doing though.

Thanks. He's left the rest of the eggs alone, so hopefully it was just a one-time thing. I've kept my eye on him. I wonder if Mama Goose had enough of it too, because he's limping today.

Yeah, I thought about that, but he is so human shy, I can't get close enough to find out. :(
It needs to be done you don't want to have to deal with bumble foot[staff infection] so herd him slowly into a building [their house] and then just pick him up holding onto his neck so he can't bite you have someone else look at his feet. Black scabs usually mean bumble but he could also have picked up a thorn so run your hand over the bottom and feel for anything that may stick out

It needs to be done you don't want to have to deal with bumble foot[staff infection] so herd him slowly into a building [their house] and then just pick him up holding onto his neck so he can't bite you have someone else look at his feet. Black scabs usually mean bumble but he could also have picked up a thorn so run your hand over the bottom and feel for anything that may stick out

Thanks for that... I will try that. I've been so frustrated, knowing I need to look at it, but not knowing how to get the little monster to cooperate. Because of course, he's the meanest one and the most afraid of humans.

Back
Top Bottom