Goose diapers

You most definitely aren't the only insane one
roll.png
. I put them in bed with me . . . on a towel, of course. I am just besotted with geese. People I rave about geese to are shocked that someone could love something so utterly obnoxious and messy and loud. They love you so much like a child loves you, and can be very affectionate. They give back a lot.

My previous pet goose also came in the house, sat on the couch with me, and even slept in bed with me, a couple of times. She kept waking me up nibbling on my face or chirping
big_smile.png
. Not a good rest for me at all.

I've heard the diapers are not fool proof, but anything is better than splattering goose crap!

I have two young baby geese....about 10 days apart in age, and I love them and would like to get one of them as a house goose. DH is not happy about the prospect though. The younger one is friends with a turkey, so I doubt I can separate them, but the older one....he's just getting so big, so fast!

Hi Kim,
I've just ordered these for my little Jack, fed up with poopy carpets!!!
hmm.png

I was wondering if you have got on ok with them?
smile.png

Jack comes and has a cuddle in bed in the mornings too:lol:, on a towel, it'll be nice when we don't have to muck about with that cos he's got his diaper on!!!
roll.png

I just got them TODAY!!!

I'd just moved, and the post office considered this house "unoccupied" and so I wasn't getting any mail at all. The baby harnesses went back to Alan (who makes them through Avian Fashions) as "undeliverable".

Well by then, they'd outgrown them and I ordered junior harnesses. They were delivered to my PO on 7/8 but didn't get to ME until today
hmm.png

The package they came in looked like it had been run over by a tractor.

But the diapers are FANTASTIC and fit fine. They have improved their design since I ordered them years ago. They use those squeeze clips instead of snaps, and some velcro too.

So I put them on my (screaming, flailing, bawling) five week old geese when I KNEW they were exhausted after their bath and a busy morning outside with the goats and chickens. They have been picking and fussing at themselves
sad.png
for an hour now, but eating and drinking and now finally sleeping. I can't really watch, except I have to because Lila's butt came out and I had to tighten hers up.

I'm using newborn sized cheap disposable diapers, the tapes and sides cut off, and then cut in half.

I am SO tired of following these guys around with a roll of paper towels on squit patrol!! Luckily I have laminate flooring.

I know they'll get used to them, and so will I
wink.png

Thanks everyone for your help and direction!!!

Kim

Oh that's great news, thanks Kim, hope the move went ok!
I hope Jack will adapt to them ok, he'll be about the same age as yours when they get here!
He had one on him this morning, squawking like hell, see the screaming gosling thread!!!
Will keep you posted on progress!
big_smile.png

My two babies are house geese.
smile.png

Alan Townsend sells the diapers now. He has a team of people who build the diapers, and Nancy and he have had this "team" for quite some time. My harnesses ('growth harnesses') will be arriving later this week, with some luck. I can tell you - harnesses make them so much easier. Poop can be the biggest issue. Many people think I'm insane, but many more think the geese are absolutely sweet. I think, if people are big pet people themselves (ex. sleep next to a great dane that slobbers all over their face and snores all night, etc), they are more understanding of how close I am to the birds.

LOL my friends, family, neighbours and colleagues think we're bonkers!!!
roll.png

I reckon they're just jealous!!!
lol.png

Oh yeah, everyone thinks I'm crazy for having a duck that wears diapers. Especially because not many people think you can even own ducks or anything like that, much less keep them inside, with diapers.
But I always let people pet my duck and hangout with him so I can change the mindset of the people who think ducks are all bad.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom