Okay! After accidentally spiking the humidity last night when I sprayed them after putting them in the incubator... (oops! It's no big deal I fixed it, it just took a bit). I'm happy to report that the incubator is remaining at a steady 30% humidity!

I also checked to see if Sophie had laid anything else and since there hasn't been any eggs in about 3 days now, I'd say she's probably done for this clutch. ( I say this now... watch and she'll lay more :oops: )

Around dinner time I'll flip them and give them a spritz and go from there. The cooldown time that everyone talks about, is it okay to do that now? Or should I give the eggs a week and then do that? (I'll still be spraying them every day I just wanna make sure I don't cool them down too soon).

Okay! After accidentally spiking the humidity last night when I sprayed them after putting them in the incubator... (oops! It's no big deal I fixed it, it just took a bit). I'm happy to report that the incubator is remaining at a steady 30% humidity!

I also checked to see if Sophie had laid anything else and since there hasn't been any eggs in about 3 days now, I'd say she's probably done for this clutch. ( I say this now... watch and she'll lay more :oops: )

Around dinner time I'll flip them and give them a spritz and go from there. The cooldown time that everyone talks about, is it okay to do that now? Or should I give the eggs a week and then do that? (I'll still be spraying them every day I just wanna make sure I don't cool them down too soon).

I usually wait until they are about 6 days along to start misting and cooling :)

I usually wait until they are about 6 days along to start misting and cooling :)

Okie dokie, sounds like a plan! Till then I'll keep them steady at 30%. According to my thermometer (which has a humidity gauge and will let you know what the high and low are for both humidity and temp), the highest it was today was 33% and the lowest was 29% so far.

Alright so update for everyone.

The four eggs I put in the incubator originally were not fertile at all. One of them had a meat spot on it, we cracked all of them after candling because they were clearer than clear.

The semi good news? Sophie is still laying! Susan (my roommate) went out to check on the birds yesterday and found 3 more eggs hidden away! She's not using her nest that she sorta built at all. It's rather hilarious. What's even better is that Klaus is even more cantankerous than before, so hopefully that's a good sign?

I set the eggs last night so today is Day 1, anddd fingers are crossed even harder than before. I just really want to get some goslings out of this, it would mean the world to me. :fl

Back
Top Bottom