Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
@IronEagle If the gosling was mine I would have taken it inside and brooded it, having an open navel which means the lil one didn't absorb the yolk can cause infection if it gets bacteria in it or chickens are notorious for pecking at things which can cause bleeding or rupture. I'd bring her in clean the navel real good with betadine and brood her myself. You can make shoes for her feet to train them to open.

I hope you find the lil one doing well this morning.

Good morning everyone,
Thank you so much for all of the good advice. I sadly do not have good news this morning. She didn't make it. She was still tucked up under her mom when I got her but it seemed as though she just didn't make it. Her toes and feet were still wrapped up in a ball and the herniated area (although still intact and not inflamed) was double the size and one of her eyes had bulged out :(

I'm pretty sad, but I know that sometimes beings are born without what they need to survive or thrive. I just wish I didn't have to witness it.

Thank you again for the help. At least I feel like I tried to help the little thing but I guess it was just her time.
IE

I am very sorry Iron Eagle.
hugs.gif

Good morning everyone,
Thank you so much for all of the good advice. I sadly do not have good news this morning. She didn't make it. She was still tucked up under her mom when I got her but it seemed as though she just didn't make it. Her toes and feet were still wrapped up in a ball and the herniated area (although still intact and not inflamed) was double the size and one of her eyes had bulged out :(

I'm pretty sad, but I know that sometimes beings are born without what they need to survive or thrive. I just wish I didn't have to witness it.

Thank you again for the help. At least I feel like I tried to help the little thing but I guess it was just her time.
IE

I always feel rotten when one slips away .

Good morning everyone,

IE

I am so sorry. It's hard, I know
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom