Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
So grateful for the thread and the amazing article. Waiting on my first hatch day now!
welcome-byc.gif
What kind of eggs are you incubating? Good luck and be sure to keep us posted. You might want to check out some of the hatch along threads if you haven't already. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-2016-april-hatch-a-long-hosted-by-mike-sally
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1074649/the-7th-annual-byc-easter-hatch-a-long

I have Barred Rock and Silkies! Hoping for something soon!!! Today is Day 21 and I see little beaks in the air cells so..........anytime now. My Geese are two that we adopted and had hoped the Chinese would incubate on her own but her "friend" the Toulese(sp?) has been really feisty! So excited!!!

I have Barred Rock and Silkies! Hoping for something soon!!! Today is Day 21 and I see little beaks in the air cells so..........anytime now. My Geese are two that we adopted and had hoped the Chinese would incubate on her own but her "friend" the Toulese(sp?) has been really feisty! So excited!!!
I love Barred Rocks. Be sure to post pictures
smile.png

Please forgive me if I am posting this question in the wrong place or if this question has already been answered. I've never participated in this sort of thing before. I looked at all the titles and did not find the answer.
I have 3 goose eggs in the incubator that were due to hatch yesterday. I woke this morning to an external pip in one this morning. This afternoon when I checked there has been no progress but I still see movement. One of the other eggs has an external pip on the underside of the egg. Should I rotate it? All the posts I e seen the pip is usually on top. This is our first time incubating and I only found this article a few days ago. i think my temps were a little low and I stopped turning the eggs to soon. Any suggestions?

Please forgive me if I am posting this question in the wrong place or if this question has already been answered. I've never participated in this sort of thing before. I looked at all the titles and did not find the answer.
I have 3 goose eggs in the incubator that were due to hatch yesterday. I woke this morning to an external pip in one this morning. This afternoon when I checked there has been no progress but I still see movement. One of the other eggs has an external pip on the underside of the egg. Should I rotate it? All the posts I e seen the pip is usually on top. This is our first time incubating and I only found this article a few days ago. i think my temps were a little low and I stopped turning the eggs to soon. Any suggestions?

I seen someone say that if they pip is on the bottom half to rotate it so if u are standing above it looking down and the pointy end is facing u and big end up to rotate it around and slightly to the right because they zip counter clock wise and as far as the other one I'm not sure I'm pretty new to this but I do know u have to turn that one around so it can zip, hope someone helps your question or can explain better.

Yes. Please know that I have not hatched goose but I do hatch chickens and peafowl. First, larger fowl like goose take longer to make progress. I would not recommend assisting any sooner then 24-36 hours after pip. Second, when I get pips in the wrong place such as the pointy end or underside, I do rotate the egg so that the side with the pip is facing up. This is a great thread for help with assisting and it's quite active, so if you need help, someone is usually around ASAP. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help/390#post_16748950

welcome-byc.gif
How exciting. I agree with the others but I assist my duck eggs if there is no zipping after 24 hrs from external pip. They take a big break before zipping. If you do assist, go very slow and stop at the first sign of blood. What is your humidity at?

I seen someone say that if they pip is on the bottom half to rotate it so if u are standing above it looking down and the pointy end is facing u and big end up to rotate it around and slightly to the right because they zip counter clock wise and as far as the other one I'm not sure I'm pretty new to this but I do know u have to turn that one around so it can zip, hope someone helps your question or can explain better.

welcome-byc.gif

Yes. Please know that I have not hatched goose but I do hatch chickens and peafowl. First, larger fowl like goose take longer to make progress. I would not recommend assisting any sooner then 24-36 hours after pip. Second, when I get pips in the wrong place such as the pointy end or underside, I do rotate the egg so that the side with the pip is facing up. This is a great thread for help with assisting and it's quite active, so if you need help, someone is usually around ASAP. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1081034/hands-on-hatching-and-help/390#post_16748950
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom