Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
I have a question, I have 6 Sebastopol goose eggs they are at 7 days today I candled them and there is two that have good sized dark spots with viening and one clear,and three with tiny red dots and maybe light read veins, can they develope at different rates like this or are they dead? And also they were shipped and they are aircels up in egg cartons being tilted 45 degree angles 6 times a day by tilting whole incubator, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Shipping can do a lot of damage to eggs. I would give them till day 10 before deciding if they are viable or not. I just wanted to make a suggestion, it sounds like you're doing a good job with the shipped but it's best to tilt them an odd number of times a day. Either 5 or 7. This way each night they will be on a different angle. Otherwise they are at the same angle being unturned for the longest period of time every night.

Shipping can do a lot of damage to eggs. I would give them till day 10 before deciding if they are viable or not. I just wanted to make a suggestion, it sounds like you're doing a good job with the shipped but it's best to tilt them an odd number of times a day. Either 5 or 7. This way each night they will be on a different angle. Otherwise they are at the same angle being unturned for the longest period of time every night.

Thank u so much for your reply and advice I will start today making sure it's an odd number of times also I was reading that sometimes eggs can be up to three days apart in development not sure if this is very accurate but I will defiantly give them till ten days or so I'm so excited to have the two that look great but would love to have more eggs develope and make it as well, I know it might not happen but I'm holding out hope still. Thank u for your reply and advice
263a.png

Thank you for everyone's suggestions! They seem to be doing well!
YAY
thumbsup.gif
CONGRATULATIONS. Are they Khaki Campbells?

Help I don't know what's wrong with its eye.
I can't tell you what's wrong unless it was in with baby chicks and got it's eye poked. Apply warm wet compresses. If you have any kind of eye ointment make sure it doesn't have a steroid in it and apply even if you just barely get a slit of eye open.
fl.gif

Thank u so much for your reply and advice I will start today making sure it's an odd number of times also I was reading that sometimes eggs can be up to three days apart in development not sure if this is very accurate but I will defiantly give them till ten days or so I'm so excited to have the two that look great but would love to have more eggs develope and make it as well, I know it might not happen but I'm holding out hope still. Thank u for your reply and advice
263a.png
x2 what Rubynala said. With shipped eggs, it's a gamble and you can never be sure how old they are. I compare the size of the air cells to see if they are the same size on arrival to determine if they are the same age. I wait till day 14 and sometimes longer before I throw any out.

Last edited:
I also just got 6 Sebastopol shipped eggs and incubating for first time- I am only on day 4- can't wait to candle. I have incubated a ton of chicken eggs though and it can happen that some develop quicker than others just based on location in incubator- some spots are warmer and some cooler. Hope that makes sense. Good luck!!

I also just got 6 Sebastopol shipped eggs and incubating for first time- I am only on day 4- can't wait to candle. I have incubated a ton of chicken eggs though and it can happen that some develop quicker than others just based on location in incubator- some spots are warmer and some cooler. Hope that makes sense. Good luck!!

I also just got 6 Sebastopol shipped eggs and incubating for first time- I am only on day 4- can't wait to candle.  I have incubated a ton of chicken eggs though and  it can happen that some develop quicker than others just based on location in incubator- some spots are warmer and some cooler.  Hope that makes sense.  Good luck!! 

Out of twelve eggs 6 mixed as in buff, African, and buff I have 4 of them still going good and the Sebastopol 6 eggs I have two I am so sad temperature was right at 99 to 100 I did loose temperature down to 84 for a couple hours don't know why it stopped heating but after I realized it I took the lid off and smacked it a few times and it started heating just fine so I am thinking it was because they were shipped but I keep second guessing everything and still can't believe I lost so many in one day but I'm still so hope full for the remaining ones.

Back
Top Bottom