Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
Just keep making sure that the gosling is drinking plenty of water and putting it's nose to clean out the nostrils... You have to make sure always that the water is deep enough for them to clean the nostrils or nares as they call them.
If this gosling does not get the nares cleaned out I am not sure what will happen to it...?

my gosling is still struggling, what should I do
you could try putting your gosling into a warm bath with water just up to top of legs, just to see if it will clean out it nares on it's own. be sure not to let it chill I'd only leave it with supervision in the water about 5 mins. then pat dry or blow dry with drier on low heat then put right back into brooder under lamp to finish drying. Now what is going on with your gosling maybe something entirely different we are not there and can't see what it's doing, it could be pneumonia. which they can get if the shaving in the brooder stay wet and ammonia builds up. you tell us about your set up and all that pertains to up keep of the goslings and brooder, and How is the lil gosling this morning?

when I have young I use a cheap plastic bowl that you can store left over in that has a lid, i cut out a hole just large enough for them to be able to stick their whole head into then as they grow i make the hole larger, till they can go outside, this way they can wash their faces but keep the brooder drier. You can put a heavy rock in the bottom to keep them from tipping the bowl over. Old cool whip bowl with lid or butter tub will work too.

here's another one
IMG_3860.jpg
always make sure the holes aren't big enough they can climb into them though.
How old are this goslings?

Back
Top Bottom