Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
ive got ALLEN & PAGE GOOSE & DUCK GROWER FINISH PELLETS coming tomorrow, ill blebd that into a crumb. But for today... anything i can blend up like oats and barley grass etc and offer grit on the side?

My waterer -

Just thinking of a feeder. -
See if you can find a small bag of an all flock feed then you won't have such a large bag to store, unless you have storage area but you have to keep tightly closed and mold free. I have seen it in 25lb bags versus 50lb. Good for you setting up seaprate brooder this way your quail will be dry instead of soaked. lol

How's the baby we need some pics!!

See if you can find a small bag of an all flock feed then you won't have such a large bag to store, unless you have storage area but you have to keep tightly closed and mold free. I have seen it in 25lb bags versus 50lb. Good for you setting up seaprate brooder this way your quail will be dry instead of soaked. lol

How's the baby we need some pics!!
Peeping like mad until i pick up.

Oh my gosh I am in love. did you pose it on it's back? it didn't fall over I hope. See what we mean, gosling require all their parents attention that is why it's so nice to have 2 then when you can be with them they have each other. Of course you know it's imprinted on you so you are the parent. Is that the brooder? better pics? if that is an Embden then I'd say you have a boy. So adorable.

Oh and another thing I have heard right here on the goose thread, not to place water fowl in their backs it does something negative to their air sacs.

Last edited:
Those are too cute. So, peeping like mad until you pick it up...already spoiled beyond redemption. And the brooder box. Very clever. Is that a chimney I see on one side? Don't tell me the little one has their own fireplace.
lau.gif

Oh, and did you know that geese grown really fast...I think you might need a larger box in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Those are too cute. So, peeping like mad until you pick it up...already spoiled beyond redemption. And the brooder box. Very clever. Is that a chimney I see on one side? Don't tell me the little one has their own fireplace.:lau  

Oh, and did you know that geese grown really fast...I think you might need a larger box in the next few weeks.
it is a chimney/vent haha. See the 6ft fish/chick tank behind, that will be free next week (thats where my quail chicks are currently) The sliding glass panels are brill for spectating and assisting. You havnt seen the bottle with nipple on to keep the water dish topped up...

Oh my gosh I am in love. did you pose it on it's back? it didn't fall over I hope. See what we mean, gosling require all their parents attention that is why it's so nice to have 2 then when you can be with them they have each other. Of course you know it's imprinted on you so you are the parent. Is that the brooder? better pics? if that is an Embden then I'd say you have a boy. So adorable.

Oh and another thing I have heard right here on the goose thread, not to place water fowl in their backs it does something negative to their air sacs.
It fell over, thats why i put a tea towel down, the silicone matt isnt grippy enough. Cutest chick iver ever hatched, way better than even the miniture bumble bee quails.

Does anyone know how long is to long to let goose eggs cool? I forgot i had mine cooling until an hour or two. Should i toss them? I highly doubt that they will hatch anyways as the last two pipped but never fully absorbed their yolks.

It fell over, thats why i put a tea towel down, the silicone matt isnt grippy enough. Cutest chick iver ever hatched, way better than even the miniture bumble bee quails.
Bumble bee quails I have never heard of them. I bet they are tiny. I have some teeny tiny bantam chicks right now I bet bumble bee quail make them look like giants. At least with your gosling eventually you won't have to worry about stepping on it they grow so fast. It will probably be under foot as often as possible though so watch out. Thankfully i have never stepped on any of my babies but I have read of others that have. That would devastate me.

Does anyone know how long is to long to let goose eggs cool? I forgot i had mine cooling until an hour or two. Should i toss them? I highly doubt that they will hatch anyways as the last two pipped but never fully absorbed their yolks.

Go to the beginning of this thread Pete gives all specifics. I am sorry about your goslings hope these make it. I wouldn't toss though.

Bumble bee quails I have never heard of them. I bet they are tiny.  I have some teeny tiny bantam chicks right now I bet bumble bee quail make them look like giants. At least with your gosling eventually you won't have to worry about stepping on it they grow so fast. It will probably be under foot as often as possible though so watch out. Thankfully i have never stepped on any of my babies but I have read of others that have. That would devastate me.
Bonding in the bathroom haha. By bumble bee i ment the size...
ive got another goose egg to hatch! A friend hopefully!
So my gosling nibbles at my fingers especially my wedding ring is this going to relate to nipping as he ages?
morning bath

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom