Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
So I ran a couple errands tonight and came back and still no external pip but could see movement so I made a hole in the egg and saw that there was no internal pip, so I just wrapped the egg in a wet paper towel and put it back, I hope I didn't hurt this baby or worse, any advice?

That's what I've been worried about. I have it wrapped in a wet paper towel and it is still alive, I'm just not sure when or if to do anything else. Here is a pic as of now
I don't believe it's done absorbing the blood/yolk yet, its been 24 hours since I first started to try and assist. This is day 31 for them and in the past my goslings have never hatched later than day 29... hence why I've been so worried.

I had one do this recently i put a wet piece of paper towel over the hole too and waited. Eventually i noticed the little beak trying to push through but it wasnt happening so i took a tweezer and very gently nipped the membrane. There was a little bit of blood but i stopped it with powdered calcium for reptiles. The little gosling was internally pipped it still took another day and a half to come out. Hopefully your little one is in the right position i lost ones to not being in the right position when i did an eggtopsy fully formed but couldn't pip hopefully this is not the case for this one. Good luck

Well unfortunately I lost this one overnight. I checked to see what exactly the problem was and it was malpositioned and the yolk had not fully absorbed. What a heartbreaker. Thank you for all your advise.

Sorry for the loss i lost a chick today for the same reason. It seems to be the number one reason i lose any type of baby bird. I hate when they do that fully formed almost there but no cigar. Better luck next time i guess

Back
Top Bottom