Goose pond ideas?

SilkieDuck

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 29, 2014
New Hampshire
I went crazy this year and made my dream come true, I am now the very proud owner of 22 ducks and 5 geese all this year hatch the geese are still inside the house and are absolutely the cutest they follow me and talk to me and sleep on my lap during TV time. Now that summer is fast approaching I want to build a in ground pond for them right now the ducks have a kiddie pool and boy does it get dirty fast. I knew all this when I bought these guys but I thought I might some good ideas for making a small pond that will be easy to clean I've got a couple ideas myself. Thanks everyone!

you could buy a metal feeding tub and half way bury it, dig up around it, and put a drain hole in it. i plan to do something similar. my friend but a pretty decent size pond for his ducks and just uses a pump if he has to.

Congratulations on your flock. Sounds impressive. I posted earlier to get ideas on ponds for geese and have done some research myself. I only have 2 geese. What I have found is that you will need a filtration system and whatever system you choose should accomodate for more rathen than less. I have heard of people getting above ground pools and converting them into duck/geese ponds. I have a cement pond that I plan on resurfaced, Check out Ani-mate.com They have filtration pumps and a nice guide that tells you what you need based on the size of your pond and such.

Back
Top Bottom