Gosling with a severed foot.

Urg. I just did a dressing change and noticed an area under Hobarts wing that was scabbed and tender. I went to open the bluekote and "FLAP!"...bottle spills all over my hands face legs.... Not to mention Hobart. Is there any thing I should be concerned with regarding bluekote overload? We both look like a mess!

Hey I've looked like that before. and it mainly has to wear off, I did use bleach water once on my hands. Now i have blue kote towels, and clothes too.

Urg. I just did a dressing change and noticed an area under Hobarts wing that was scabbed and tender. I went to open the bluekote and "FLAP!"...bottle spills all over my hands face legs.... Not to mention Hobart. Is there any thing I should be concerned with regarding bluekote overload? We both look like a mess!

There is a potentially dangerous ingredient in it, but it's only in minute doses. Some apparently small percentage of the population is sensitive to Gentian Violet; it's listed by many authorities as a risk or danger but they say the effects are unknown, which is odd.

Apparently it's not for use in food animals but everyone does it, not that 'everyone does it' is ever a truly decent reason for anything. It can be one way to help save an animal's life, so it's the lesser of a few evils in most cases. ;)

Some basic info on it:
Quote:
Best wishes.

I bet you could do some nice tie dying with it.
smile.png

There is a potentially dangerous ingredient in it, but it's only in minute doses. Some apparently small percentage of the population is sensitive to Gentian Violet; it's listed by many authorities as a risk or danger but they say the effects are unknown, which is odd.

Apparently it's not for use in food animals but everyone does it, not that 'everyone does it' is ever a truly decent reason for anything. It can be one way to help save an animal's life, so it's the lesser of a few evils in most cases. ;)

Some basic info on it:

Best wishes.
it also has carcinogenic properties at high dosages (concentrations?).

Ok!! So Hobart has found a forever home! He will stay with me until treatment is finished and then move in with his new family!

I need help locating someone with a gosling that can be his forever companion. I'd like to get him a friend ASAP so they know each other before the move. That way the move isn't so stressful, and he wodnt be alone... Well that's what I hope.

We are in Dallas, TX.... Anyone have a lead on a goose in these parts??

Ok!! So Hobart has found a forever home! He will stay with me until treatment is finished and then move in with his new family!

I need help locating someone with a gosling that can be his forever companion. I'd like to get him a friend ASAP so they know each other before the move. That way the move isn't so stressful, and he wodnt be alone... Well that's what I hope.

We are in Dallas, TX.... Anyone have a lead on a goose in these parts??

I haven't been keeping up like I want, been busy with my flock. My 3rd adult female duck laid for the first time this morning, and NOT in her nest box but in the center of their coop. The egg was tiny and filthy, gotta get her to lay in her box. Plus my flock of 24 chickens is nearing point of lay and I'm unblocking and setting up their nest boxes too. Busy, busy in a happy good way, lol.
Do you know what breed, age, sex Hobart is? That can help a lot finding him/her a life long companion. Some feedstores still carry day old goslings, but I think that might be too young for him. You could search Craigs list for older geese. The problem is you need a gosling close in size and age to Hobart. I know how difficult it can be to introduce younger goslings to goslings that are a month to 2 months older. I have 8 geese, ranging in age from 20 weeks down to about 10 weeks old. I do know a man here in San Antonio that sells goslings, I can ask if he has something in the age range you need, but that would be a long drive for you to come pick up if he does.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom