Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

No i have been busy with the Donk but im guessing he has been since its fertile. There is a huge difference in the two eggs
Here is last weeks before i penned her up

The light is shinning bright on this one

And then todays
https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6203923/w

idth/200/height/400

YES! They are 100% fertile and you can tell the difference

I have a full automatic polyhatch incubator but my moter broke so i juststick a metel rod through a hole in the incubator and pull the tray about 5 times a day and i get better % of hatch rates doing this ! I water my eggs at day 9 and i literly have a bowl of luke warm water and i gently one by one dunk the eggs in the water for 9 seconds and put back in the bator and i do it once every 2 days and then at day 28 i stop the egg turning and fill the water tray full and then wait for the excitment and i dont open my incubator till they hatch unless i see a problem or 24 hours after an external pip smile.png

Last year and the year before i have had 100% perfect hatches with this method so i use this method but i like to hear about other methods big_smile.png
There is always a few eggs that pip and cant get out and die but i always have a close eye on every egg! And shine a light on them! No matter what when i shine a light on the eggs after day 28 they will move and wiggle in the egg and if they dont move or wiggle when they pip then i know somethings wrong sad.png

its day 3 for my 1 single goose egg should u be able to see anything atall its a clear white shell i think i see something but what should u see what are the best days to candel

Wait until Day 5, at least. That's when you'll START to notice something. You'll be asking yourself if you really saw it though unless you have a very strong light! (My flashlight actually has good days and bad days - stupid LEDs - but it will sometimes shine bright enough.) On day 5, you'll know for certain.

Then the embryo takes over half of the shell, and it will be hard to see the blood vessels again, and you'll be wondering if they're still alive, lol! Yeah, it's stressful.

well just set second batch in bator for a total of 85 eggs and 21 under hens we will see how it goes in a few weeks

Is there anyone who lives in Orlando Florida that can sell goose eggs to someone else who lives in Orlando? Someone contacted me wanting goose eggs but I said that I would try to find someone who lives in their area. If you have goose eggs for sale, please PM so that I can give you their info.

Back
Top Bottom