Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

8GeeseALaying

Songster
6 Years
Mar 15, 2013
Signing off for good. No longer own fowl or poultr
My Coop
My Coop
Since season is starting to begin for most of us, and with the suggestion of another member, i thought that i should start a thread for all of us who may be incubating or getting ready to incubate our eggs in hopes for some goslings this year. Whether it be by machine or goose or some other feathered broody, we can share our success or failures(hope not) and pics with eachother.
Lets get to hatching! And Good luck :weee

Last edited:
Well I have to tell ya'll this afternoon I was telling Sammy and the girls about the up coming 2014ending and the new2015 hatch along party and he got so excited he went and found his scarf, he's hoping the party will have ice skating in it since he has his down coat on. Doesn't he look dashing?

hey 8 :)
Im sorry to say that your lav . Is a male :( since you cant get grey or lav females from a white male and a brown female!
Males are always grey lav. Or white and females are brown or pied :/
Unless the parents are so mixed breed that babies can be any colour but with two pure breeds brown and white the males are always lav. Or white with a few brown gret feathers

Its mother is white and its father is colored. Either gender its staying though. Its another accomplishment for me.

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of....wait, that is the wrong tune....HoHoHo, Merry Christmas Miss Lydia, Andrea, Serv, and everyone else here at BYC. Have a special day and a truly blessed New Year. That is our Christmas wish to you all...from 62 birds, 7 dogs, two old fools and God only knows how many critters and varmints that are lurking out there in the field.

PS - evidently ducks celebrate Christmas. I usually have 10 or more duck eggs and the occassional chicken egg when I let them out in the a.m. Today, not a single egg to be seen. Maybe they are wrapping them as gifts.

Ooh goodie!!
1f423.png
1f424.png
1f423.png
1f425.png

I have a 2 week old Lettuce monster in the form of a toulouse (curled up between my feet as I type).
We are waiting patiently for some buddies to hatch. They are from a mixed flock of Embdens, Buff Backs and Brecon Buffs. They have only been in the incubator 4 days so we have a way to go yet.

Good luck to everyone.

OK! Threw a shovel of coal on the laptop and away we go!
old.gif

Here's Moose cuddled up to my feet last night after FINALLY being full. He'd only eaten 2 whole lettuce, some peas and half a bowl of crumb!

Like any goose, Moose loves the water and goes nuts swimming around when he first goes in...

Then approx. 3.5 minutes later he taps on the side to let me know he's ready to get out!

Moose hates being towel dried but LOVES being blow dried and will stand up tall and flap his wings.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom