Take Eggs or Leave Them?

Suppposedly goose eggs are preferred by peopl;e who bake. Try finding someone who would love to have the eggs if you do not want to eat them yourself. Or do some baking that requires a lot of eggs!

You can let the goslings hatch and try selling them. Have you looked at what Sebastopol goslings are selling for? Then again, you may completely fall in love with the goslings and want to keep them! Chicken math has nothing on Goose math.

Put them on craigslist. I found a lovely young couple with two young children, one was handicapped. The parents wanted the geese for their young children (12 and 8) to learn to love and take care of animals. The goslings quickly exchanged their attachment to me to the little boy. He was thrilled to have them following their new "mama"!

We have two Sebastopol geese, not a year old yet. They hatched in the springtime. I don't know if this time of year is typically mating season, but they have decided it is at any rate lol.

We have a male and a female and the female laid her first egg 10 days ago. She laid it in the middle of their fencing, and left it there. We took the egg inside. However, this morning the gander was very protective over their pool, and he has been protective around their enclosure with my husband. The goose was inside the enclosure and looked like she was making a little nest this morning, so I looked and found two more eggs (there may be more, it's hard to access that part of their enclosure).

We do not want goslings right now, so I removed the two eggs that I found. Will she stop laying soon if they keep getting removed? Or do I need to put them back and wait til she's got her little bunch of eggs to remove them, and hope she doesn't go broody? She is not currently sitting on them, so far as I can tell.

We've had geese for a while, but never a mated pair, so this is all new to us. Thanks in advance!
Sell her clutch on eBay or Craigslist fertilized eggs are good up to 10 days at room temp. I’d just give a super discount since it’s her first year and could have lower fertility. What you don’t want could still benefit someone else, and your pocket while you’re at it. Considering a day old Sebastopol gosling female is 100-250$ if just one of the eggs hatches someone would get their moneys worth.

Back
Top Bottom