Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Oh ok thats fine its still time i love watching the clock last year i watched the clock for 4 months wi all i hatched but i lowered the temp its at 99.5 now im happy

Everyone have a happy Christmas
1f384.png

Yo Ho Ho and a bottle of....wait, that is the wrong tune....HoHoHo, Merry Christmas Miss Lydia, Andrea, Serv, and everyone else here at BYC. Have a special day and a truly blessed New Year. That is our Christmas wish to you all...from 62 birds, 7 dogs, two old fools and God only knows how many critters and varmints that are lurking out there in the field.

PS - evidently ducks celebrate Christmas. I usually have 10 or more duck eggs and the occassional chicken egg when I let them out in the a.m. Today, not a single egg to be seen. Maybe they are wrapping them as gifts.

Merry Christmas!!! I hope everyone is having a safe and merry holiday season. To whom ever starts the 2015 page. make sure to post a link so we can all merge over. =) P.S. Mandie is doing fantastic! She wouldnt wear the hat. She thought it was a toy. Forest is doing better with her. She is no longer terrified of her, now she wants to peck her and we are training Forest to "no bite" Mandie. Mandie cant keep her beak off of us. She is very curious and wants to chew on everything. We started the "no bite" with her this week. Her voice is different than Forest's. Mandie sounds like a very pretty wind instrument. She sings all the time. She is very busy. I just love goslings!

Maybe they are wrapping them as gifts.
That would be cute!! I have thought about the ? egg blowing and decorating craft and giving them as gifts. We sure do get enough of them!

I hope you have a very blessed time and a wonderful year as well.

Update on the cayugas. they want nothing to do with the cayuga duck even though she basically throws herself at them. i finally separated them last week because the 4 scovie girls were bloody. the boys would bite and yank at their caruncles. i thought i was going to have to take one duck to the vet. they pulled the lower skin completely off her eye! they will be re homed and until then they are separated for good. Its crazy how some drakes are so nasty to the girls. my muscovy drake is literally 3 times the size of the two mean drakes and he doesnt hurt the girls at all. he does a little dance and gently climbs on the girls where the two green meanies brutally rape the girls.

we are going to keep the cayuga girl though because her eggs are beautiful! I will post a pic.

Back
Top Bottom