Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

That would be cute!! I have thought about the ? egg blowing and decorating craft and giving them as gifts. We sure do get enough of them!

I hope you have a very blessed time and a wonderful year as well.

Update on the cayugas. they want nothing to do with the cayuga duck even though she basically throws herself at them. i finally separated them last week because the 4 scovie girls were bloody. the boys would bite and yank at their caruncles. i thought i was going to have to take one duck to the vet. they pulled the lower skin completely off her eye! they will be re homed and until then they are separated for good. Its crazy how some drakes are so nasty to the girls. my muscovy drake is literally 3 times the size of the two mean drakes and he doesnt hurt the girls at all. he does a little dance and gently climbs on the girls where the two green meanies brutally rape the girls.

we are going to keep the cayuga girl though because her eggs are beautiful! I will post a pic.
I completely agree. Get rid of the males. In my 16 there are two males and they are, so far, nice to the girls. Probably because they all grew up together and there are enough to reduce competition between the males. In my adult group (Khakis and Blue Swedish) I had to get rid of the Blue Swedish male because he was so aggressive toward the females and was going way beyond establishing a pecking order with the Khaki male. There is enough on this farm to deal with without dealing with overly aggressive males.

Merry Christmas!!! I hope everyone is having a safe and merry holiday season. To whom ever starts the 2015 page. make sure to post a link so we can all merge over. =) P.S. Mandie is doing fantastic! She wouldnt wear the hat. She thought it was a toy. Forest is doing better with her. She is no longer terrified of her, now she wants to peck her and we are training Forest to "no bite" Mandie. Mandie cant keep her beak off of us. She is very curious and wants to chew on everything. We started the "no bite" with her this week. Her voice is different than Forest's. Mandie sounds like a very pretty wind instrument. She sings all the time. She is very busy. I just love goslings!

That pic is adorable.. as far as chewing my gosh you'd think they were cutting teeth the way they chew. my one goose Toots has chewed the side of the storage building and chewed on the shingles of their feed house. Plus many more things. Missy was the same way but so far I haven't seen Sammy or Babe chewing on things.

I completely agree. Get rid of the males. In my 16 there are two males and they are, so far, nice to the girls. Probably because they all grew up together and there are enough to reduce competition between the males. In my adult group (Khakis and Blue Swedish) I had to get rid of the Blue Swedish male because he was so aggressive toward the females and was going way beyond establishing a pecking order with the Khaki male. There is enough on this farm to deal with without dealing with overly aggressive males.

That pic is adorable.. as far as chewing my gosh you'd think they were cutting teeth the way they chew. my one goose Toots has chewed the side of the storage building and chewed on the shingles of their feed house. Plus many more things. Missy was the same way but so far I haven't seen Sammy or Babe chewing on things.

yes I will get rid of the cayugas and yes very much like cutting teet!

yes I will get rid of the cayugas and yes very much like cutting teet!

And beware if you have any cherished trees or shrubs where your geese are you may want to fence them off. Missy chewed on a forsythia one winter and killed it so now any of my young trees get plastic fencing wrapped around then. They love apple tree bark and many others.

Well I have some good news i candled the eggs 2 are definetely fertile and can see veins and embryo one has a blood ring and the other one i can't tell yet and im still grtting 2-3 eggs a week so im still going strong same as her and im sorry this is late but MERRY CHRISTMAS i got some great stuff here's some pix

The drill is my favorite its SOO light so I can use it one handed and dont have to use my dads drills and bits and I got more bits today but now I can build pens easily now its soo sooo good

Back
Top Bottom