Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Forest allowed me to put Mandie in her outside bath today! Progress for sure! I couldnt get a pic though.

Well I sure love the pic you did post. looks like mama and daughter. And great news before long they'll be inseparable.Is Forest getting around okay on her leg?

Its a blurry pic. But you can see how she walks a bit crooked . If you can imagine a person (maybe a pirate=) with a short peg leg. That is the way she walks . its more of a hobble,but she walks and runs she can bend down and eat from the ground. at this point the only thing that scares me is her skeletal structure and egg laying as soon as my credit cards and get paid down from Christmas I want to get her an xray to make sure she can pass eggs correctly.

Its a blurry pic. But you can see how she walks a bit crooked . If you can imagine a person (maybe a pirate=) with a short peg leg. That is the way she walks . its more of a hobble,but she walks and runs she can bend down and eat from the ground. at this point the only thing that scares me is her skeletal structure and egg laying as soon as my credit cards and get paid down from Christmas I want to get her an xray to make sure she can pass eggs correctly.
So it's not just her leg? I think that would be a good idea to get an xray.

So it's not just her leg? I think that would be a good idea to get an xray.

No, it is just her leg. Vet didnt find anything else wrong when she was a gosie. I know that things can change with age and with walking off balance so i just want to make sure.
great news ! last night I was sitting in the duck house with the birds . Forest and Mandie have their own fenced off 10 by 10 area. I had one of the shy ducks in their area to eat some extra food off the ground . she stays away from Forest so she's never been a problem . Mandie decided to walk up to the duck. I was holding Forest on my lap. the duck pecked Mandie hard and she screamed. when she screamed Forest flapped her wings so I put her down. she ran over to the duck in front of Mandie and flapped her wings and got very tall, then pecked the duck 3 time! she protected her new baby! they are going to be best of friends one day.

Last edited:
No, it is just her leg. Vet didnt find anything else wrong when she was a gosie. I know that things can change with age and with walking off balance so i just want to make sure.
great news ! last night I was sitting in the duck house with the birds . Forest and Mandie have their own fenced off 10 by 10 area. I had one of the shy ducks in their area to eat some extra food off the ground . she stays away from Forest so she's never been a problem . Mandie decided to walk up to the duck. I was holding Forest on my lap. the duck pecked Mandie hard and she screamed. when she screamed Forest flapped her wings so I put her down. she ran over to the duck in front of Mandie and flapped her wings and got very tall, then pecked the duck 3 time! she protected her new baby! they are going to be best of friends one day.
I am so glad to read that the vet found nothing else wrong when she was a baby but you are right to continue to keep up to date on any changes that may have occurred as she matured. Your success to date with introducing Mandie is inspiring and gives me hope that, in the spring, when I get a little male gosling for Pauline to raise and have as her companion, it may not be the overwhelming challenge that I have worked up in my mind. Mandie is Forest's baby now and you best not mess with her you little duckie.

That's so neat, geese just love each other so much, they really do have a special bond, now Forest feels protective of Mandie which is good she see's Mandie as her very own gozzie now
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom