Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Ha ha ha. Oops!

They are much more fun than chicks. I can walk Moose round the garden :)

Waiting is very hard. But waited last year also and got not fertile eggs. But that changed this year so far 5 growing in the incuabtor and set 3 more. Still waiting for the end of the month when my first 3 are due to hatch. Can't wait just hope all goes good.
wee.gif

love.gif
Just wait till you have tinies then Moose will really look gigantic.
For sure... and you´ll soon have some, too!!! YES!!
The one that I had here was a month old when it got a little friend, and so I called the older one DINO as it looked like a dinosaur in comparison. Was a gander, too. The little one that became his companion has turned out to be a gal, she was called BABY from the start. They´re with the family of 6, have been since quite small, but stick closely together still. The other 17 don´t have names yet, I´ll see who I keep.
How many fertile eggs do you have MissHennyPenny?

For sure... and you´ll soon have some, too!!!  YES!!  
The one that I had here was a month old when it got a little friend, and so I called the older one DINO as it looked like a dinosaur in comparison.  Was a gander, too.  The little one that became his companion has turned out to be a gal, she was called BABY from the start. They´re with the family of 6, have been since quite small, but stick closely together still.  The other 17 don´t have names yet, I´ll see who I keep.
How many fertile eggs do you have MissHennyPenny?

Aw. Moose will be a month when this one hatches. I'm down to 1 egg out of 4. Two weren't fertile and one quit in the first week. I don't have any other geese and it's too early in the season where I live so had to get shipped eggs. After 2 failed batches I'll be more patient next time and wait for local geese to start laying.

Aw. Moose will be a month when this one hatches. I'm down to 1 egg out of 4. Two weren't fertile and one quit in the first week. I don't have any other geese and it's too early in the season where I live so had to get shipped eggs. After 2 failed batches I'll be more patient next time and wait for local geese to start laying.
Goodness, so you have one little Treasure in there!! Oh I do so hope it´s successful for you...and Moose, of course!! Don´t forget, goslings take longer than chicks to get out into the world...don´t be in too much of a hurry to help, or you could lose your Treasure! Do let us all know, won´t you? :)

Goodness, so you have one little Treasure in there!!  Oh I do so hope it´s successful for you...and Moose, of course!!  Don´t forget, goslings take longer than chicks to get out into the world...don´t be in too much of a hurry to help, or you could lose your Treasure!  Do let us all know, won´t you? :)

As tempting as it is to 'help' I Resist the urge! :) The most I did for Moose was sat up with him. We had a very long 'conversation' while I waited for him to hatch. He hasn't shut up since! :lol:

And yes, I will keep you posted!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom