Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

the babys out! :D and is fine but can anyone tell me why the gosling is extremly sticky on the back?! I had this before but only with goslings that died in the egg?! :/

Really? Why geese in particular? I realise it's not a natural way for any egg to lie but then neither is being stuffed in a box and sent through the post!
lol.png
Mostly that reason. Everyone says goose eggs are HARD to hatch. So when trying to hatch them, especially if you've already had a rough time, try to keep things as natural as possible.

Hello Guys
I started with 20 eggs from our trio of West of Englands in our incubator.

Out of the 20 only 3 have made it to day 27!!! No wonder it is a rare breed if they don't hatch!

They were staggered going into the incubator. My first one hatched on day 34. However she has straddle legs, which we are now trying to correct with elastic bands. She is on her own at the moment with a cuddly toy. We are hoping to get her a duckling for company tomorrow night. She is a fighter!

We also have another batch from a different trio, which were a lot smaller eggs and they are doing really good so far. Some of them are trying to internally pip on day 27.

I don't know about you but it was not this hard last year to hatch eggs. My girls have also decided that they are no longer laying eggs. Bummer.

Back
Top Bottom