Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

this is the lavender i gave the embden today and the other two lavenders im keeping! They are drying up now :)

You guys are giving me baby envy. All those cute fuzzy butts :drool It doesn't help that 1 of my neighbors game hens made a nest in my front yard. I swear she is rubbing it in my face that I won't have babies this year. :hit

Last edited:
Ok heres the story yesterday out of my eight eggs one died in shell and the reason for that is because it had a deformed beak !
And one hatched yesterday and it was a BAfricanXEmbden and it wasent black! But lavender! (was even more suprised that my other 2 AfricanXembden eggs were also lavender and the one that died in egg was also lavender! ) So anyway im guessing these lavender goseys are all males so i put one up for adoption to the embden which managed to sqush her baby! But shes happy with the lavender well ive 3 eggs in the bator still pipping and they are black so im happy with that but they arent AfricanXEmbden but the other cross which i mentioned before.
Well atleast we know that when a BAfrican is cross with a embden the males are lavender and females are black im curious of what the lavender africans will look like when older so i guess 8 your genetic theory which you mentioned weeks ago was correct :)

Im glad i was right, but remind me which theory :lau
Ive got alot going on right now so my mind is a little boggled.

Ok heres the story yesterday out of my eight eggs one died in shell and the reason for that is because it had a deformed beak !
And one hatched yesterday and it was a BAfricanXEmbden and it wasent black! But lavender! (was even more suprised that my other 2 AfricanXembden eggs were also lavender and the one that died in egg was also lavender! ) So anyway im guessing these lavender goseys are all males so i put one up for adoption to the embden which managed to sqush her baby! But shes happy with the lavender well ive 3 eggs in the bator still pipping and they are black so im happy with that but they arent AfricanXEmbden but the other cross which i mentioned before.
Well atleast we know that when a BAfrican is cross with a embden the males are lavender and females are black im curious of what the lavender africans will look like when older so i guess 8 your genetic theory which you mentioned weeks ago was correct
smile.png
Black?? OK, well super on the lavenders...they may turn out to look like the steinbachers do you think?

Hey y'all!! Just an update the Canada goose eggs in the bator are close to hatching! Hopefully this weekend! My Canada Broody is sitting on her eggs full time now! And all seven are coming along great! She lets me candle them right under her. Such a nice girl here's a pic!

Back
Top Bottom