Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

My geese tend to wander about on-and-off all night if they can see, like on a full moon...I can see the white ones.
Oh, yummy!  So will you let her hatch out the chicks too?  And what happened to the other hen?  Did you find her?

Yeah. It was a rubber glove job! She can keep them as long as she's serious, she's only 6 months old. All the eggs were pretty dirty to be honest so i dont know how well they'll do. There are no shortage of chicken eggs but I would prefer if she was sat on goose eggs. I want more of those.
Yeah she was there this morning. I was beginning to think I'd mis-counted my chickens all this time! :lol: There are 5 with almost the same colouring (pale versions of the Silver Grey Dorking hen) and I can't tell them apart!

Goodnight everyone! See ya'll tomorrow! Sweet dreams! :hugs
Nite nite xx It's 6 am here. I've just let the chickens/geese out for breakfast. Coffee time!!! :lol:
Wow! You guys have been chatty today!! I will have to go back and read up on everyone's news, but I had to post my news. I know this has nothing to do with geese or hatching goslings, but all my favorite byc friends are on this thread and so please forgive me for the off topic post. I have officially lost my mind! I was working with my vet today, who is doing research at the University, and he brought in a donated pigeon for his work. The girl was obviously hatched/hand raised and was very pet-like and I was troubled that she was going to be euthanized for science. Then, while doing a series of tests before procedure, a machine broke and they could not finish tests. He saw I felt bad for the bird and asked if I wanted her. So here she is, hanging out in my large dog kennel at home until I figure out what to do with her.
Well I have been blathering on about my lost broody hen all night so I think you're allowed ;) That's such a pretty bird. And we'll done you for saving her. :thumbsup

Hay guys
smile.png
. Anyone online?

Wow! You guys have been chatty today!! I will have to go back and read up on everyone's news, but I had to post my news. I know this has nothing to do with geese or hatching goslings, but all my favorite byc friends are on this thread and so please forgive me for the off topic post.

I have officially lost my mind! I was working with my vet today, who is doing research at the University, and he brought in a donated pigeon for his work. The girl was obviously hatched/hand raised and was very pet-like and I was troubled that she was going to be euthanized for science. Then, while doing a series of tests before procedure, a machine broke and they could not finish tests. He saw I felt bad for the bird and asked if I wanted her. So here she is, hanging out in my large dog kennel at home until I figure out what to do with her.
Beautiful! Not crazy, no! I´d have them if I didn´t have cats!

Yeah. It was a rubber glove job! She can keep them as long as she's serious, she's only 6 months old. All the eggs were pretty dirty to be honest so i dont know how well they'll do. There are no shortage of chicken eggs but I would prefer if she was sat on goose eggs. I want more of those.
Yeah she was there this morning. I was beginning to think I'd mis-counted my chickens all this time!
lol.png
There are 5 with almost the same colouring (pale versions of the Silver Grey Dorking hen) and I can't tell them apart!
so now you´ll wait for another hen to go broody?
frow.gif

Hi I'm supposed to be out cleaning the coop/incubator/feeders/waterers/moving broody hens but I'm stalling because it's raining!
lol.png
Just one more coffee!
Yeah, I do that...was it a nice coffee?

Wow! You guys have been chatty today!! I will have to go back and read up on everyone's news, but I had to post my news. I know this has nothing to do with geese or hatching goslings, but all my favorite byc friends are on this thread and so please forgive me for the off topic post. I have officially lost my mind! I was working with my vet today, who is doing research at the University, and he brought in a donated pigeon for his work. The girl was obviously hatched/hand raised and was very pet-like and I was troubled that she was going to be euthanized for science. Then, while doing a series of tests before procedure, a machine broke and they could not finish tests. He saw I felt bad for the bird and asked if I wanted her. So here she is, hanging out in my large dog kennel at home until I figure out what to do with her.
I rescued a wild dove once, when I was 17, so a very long time ago.:old. An idiot neighbor, who is no longer here, left his kids have full access to BB guns. Well those teenage morons shoot the bird in my mother's yard! Not only that but they actually put the whole gun over the fence on our side to shoot the dove. I saw the whole thing. At the time I had just let my mom's pugs out of the house and I though they were shooting at the dogs. I ran over there, the kid left in a hurry and then I hear a racket. The dogs are chasing a dove that can't fly and is bleeding. So I picked him up and saw the BB wounds on his side. I caged him till my parents got back and told them what happened. They called my sister, who is a vet tech and she took it to work. In order to save him they had to amputate his wing. It was illegal to have this dove in captivity, but what could we do? So we kept quite about him, built a dove cage and put 2 female domestic doves ( don't remember what breed) and 1 male in as company for him. He was never happy again, he never sang, never mated, just watched all the other wild doves and was depressed. He did live into old age, but his life was miserable because an couple of morons thought shooting birds in a residual area for sport was fun. Anyway, good luck with your girl. I would get her a male for her to have companionship and a mate. Keep us updated on her?

Back
Top Bottom