Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

I renamed Missy and Sammy they are now the Gruesome Twosome. And it ain't no lie.
hmm.png
She laid #30 today.

Lol, troublemakers huh

Oosh! It took me about half an hour to catch up on those last 8 pages I've missed out on! I've forgotten half of it already!
lol.png

Congrats to all the new babies
love.gif
and fingers crossed for all those due
fl.gif

Really looking forward to seeing the donkeyling, can we have a pic of mummy donk to keep us going?
big_smile.png
pretty please?
My so called broody hen has given up for now apart from strutting around growling at everyone and pecking my legs! So unless there are any other volunteers there will be no goose eggs bought for the time being. Moose and MalcolmMyrtle are doing well together so no panic yet.

Haha i like MMMM

Last edited:
ugh, anyone of you guys live near San Antonio Texas and want a spare gander? lol
Why don´t you wait until they all grow a bit, and see what the younger two chinese are, then if those are also a boy and girl, you can choose which female goes with Snow to make a pair? (assuming Snow goes, which it sounds like he might)
I renamed Missy and Sammy they are now the Gruesome Twosome. And it ain't no lie.
hmm.png
She laid #30 today.
"The Gruesome twosome, and it ain´t no lie"...sounds like a Johnny Cash song!
lol.png

Why don´t you wait until they all grow a bit, and see what the younger two chinese are, then if those are also a boy and girl, you can choose which female goes with Snow to make a pair? (assuming Snow goes, which it sounds like he might)
"The Gruesome twosome, and it ain´t no lie"...sounds like a Johnny Cash song!
lol.png

Snow so far is my only gander. You guys think Jas is a goose, and Snow is already protective of Jas making me think they are a pair already. I think Cream is a gander and Peaches is his goose. The last 2 chinese give me gander/goose pair vibes too.

So last year I had Pilgrims. This year, Sebastopols. I notice this year, they are even more attached to me, and the boy is bigger than the girl now. I finally came up with names. Charles and Diana. I wanted something fancy since they will be wearing their prom dress all the time.
Bonnie is still sitting on her eggs, and FINALLY my Buff Orpington and my blue runner are both sitting on eggs. What eggs, I have no idea. I have to get to candling.
Today, the Sebbies got to play in a mud puddle! They were doing zoomies and washing, dabbling, and just sitting....they got to play until they were done. Then they nibbled more grass, wandered closer and closer and finally Diana hopped into my lap. It was a most enjoyable time. Now, it is only 6:45 Cali time and they are asleep. Cooing the purr every once in a while, but they are wiped out.
I put them in a clear sided storage container and they no longer try to jump out, they can see me and others and I think that made a HUGE difference.

If I can manage to post the video I will, I am sure it is lousy as my phone battery was dying...but I took some snaps as well. So, I will edit if it works.

Can geese and chickens get ticks? My outside Patches, just came home with a tick on her. I removed it and know we don't have ticks in our yard. But if my cats bring them in can the birds get them? How can I prevent that?

Back
Top Bottom