Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

The first one should be dry by in the morning so ill get pics soon after i move him/her out. There will be tons of pics im worse than a mother with a new baby when it comes to taking pics of my gossies lol
What kind of new Duckies?? I have a friend who told me that there were a pair of mallards dropped at her house so i might go get those tomorrow.

Last edited:
congrads 8
celebrate.gif
I've got 2 external pips now... should have a baby tomorrow and hopefully the other 3 will pip

congrads 8 :celebrate I've got 2 external pips now... should have a baby tomorrow and hopefully the other 3 will pip

Hope it hatches quick for you. Crossing fingers that your others pip.
I have 3 more internal pips now that leaves one left to internally pip. I have two external pips hoping the others are pipped by tomorrow.
This first one is dark with light points as far as i can tell hes still wet, hes not a Halloween.

I can't wait for those pics *8*.....lavender....I don't have access to any. Look forward to watching them grow.
I am excited with my Sebbies....They LOVE playing in the water, and my Pilgrims were indifferent to it.

I candled today and I think at least two are soup and two look like they are developing fine. (ducklings)

Has anyone tried to candle an americana green egg and found NO light coming through? I have no CLUE if they are viable, soupy, rotten...and I don't want to float test them for obvious reasons.....

I will have to look back to see when my goose started to sit, I think it was 3 and half weeks...waiting....
fl.gif

Ok, if it takes 32 days, then May 12 should be my fuzz butt day.

Anyone know officially how long for a sebastopol gosling to hatch?

I can't wait for those pics *8*.....lavender....I don't have access to any. Look forward to watching them grow. 
I am excited with my Sebbies....They LOVE playing in the water, and my Pilgrims were indifferent to it. 

I candled today and I think at least two are soup and two look like they are developing fine. (ducklings) 

Has anyone tried to candle an americana green egg and found NO light coming through? I have no CLUE if they are viable, soupy, rotten...and I don't want to float test them for obvious reasons.....

I will have to look back to see when my goose started to sit, I think it was 3 and half weeks...waiting....:fl

I crossbred to get this one. If it is lavender it is a goal i had that has been met. He/she is a Tufted Roman x Toulouse cross so he could dry out to be lavender, pied or gray.
Ok, if it takes 32 days, then May 12 should be my fuzz butt day. 

Anyone know officially how long for a sebastopol gosling to hatch? 

Most geese are 30 days average, but the range can be 28-34 days

That is the main breed I work with, so yes, I get that a lot.

Near hatching, you should see one of two things: either a shadow in the air cell from the internal pip, or blood vessels along the edge of the air cell. If you can't see either of those, its a bad egg.

Back
Top Bottom