Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

yay 8
celebrate.gif

AmericanMom we have been there and fully understand not being able to stay away from the babies
big_smile.png

LOL.. Wrong way is a demanding little goose.. when placed in the brooder he /she cries its heart out until my daughter comes and gets it and takes it in the room with her.. can we say spoiled!!!... LOL... She keeps checking on Gosling #2 to see if its dry enough to be placed in the brooder..

Ok.. So I know with chicks to dip there beaks and tap the food container to get them to understand eating and drinking.. Not working so well with wrong way, am I trying to early? I went out and clipped it some nice grass and dandelions but it wasn't interested... He has been out of the shell 24 hours

Ok.. So I know with chicks to dip there beaks and tap the food container to get them to understand eating and drinking.. Not working so well with wrong way, am I trying to early? I went out and clipped it some nice grass and dandelions but it wasn't interested... He has been out of the shell 24 hours

to early... you might need to dip the first ones beak.. not always though and I start by sprinking food in the brooder... if you use chips or something try it on a paper towel.. Once the first one gets it everyone else will follow. Most of the time the get it without help.

to early... you might need to dip the first ones beak.. not always though and I start by sprinking food in the brooder... if you use chips or something try it on a paper towel.. Once the first one gets it everyone else will follow. Most of the time the get it without help.

Ok. I did dip his beak a few hours ago and I have some feed on a paper towel.. He has finally found his feet and doesn't look so much like a drunken sailor.. Still a bit unsteady but is so much better than this morning.. at least he can stand and hold his weight
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom