Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Two dewlap toulouse babies hatched last night! Two more to go!

They are poster cute! Congrats!

I am hoping this weekend I will have fuzzbutts.....I already have five of them spoken for :frow

It's a good thing though, I am only keeping one girl, that is if I have an extra! Girls are in high demand apparently. I don't want another gander, and I don't want a bigger flock, cuz there is not enough of me to give love, touch, hold, and baby much more than I have now.

Beignet hatched her pair of babies inside our shop garage on our horse property. While it was a safe place to go broody, it was no place to raise babies. So, we moved her and babies to a pen next to our house yesterday. As soon as we emerged from the garage (hubby carrying Beignet and myself carrying her babies), Chicory heard her calls and came a flying to her. He was so excited to see his babies and it was clearly love at first sight. It's not the greatest picture since I only had my phone on me, but here's Chicory (proud papa) with his babies for the first time.

Congrats!
Beignet hatched her pair of babies inside our shop garage on our horse property. While it was a safe place to go broody, it was no place to raise babies. So, we moved her and babies to a pen next to our house yesterday. As soon as we emerged from the garage (hubby carrying Beignet and myself carrying her babies), Chicory heard her calls and came a flying to her. He was so excited to see his babies and it was clearly love at first sight. It's not the greatest picture since I only had my phone on me, but here's Chicory (proud papa) with his babies for the first time.
Now that is sweet! I hope my gander is as loving when he has goslings. Even though my oldest gander is only 11 weeks, he is now super protective of the 7 and 5 week old goslings with him. Yesterday a drake bit one of the 5 week olds who was off grazing by himself and boy was my gander furious! I hope it means he will be a great papa when the time comes. Congrats on such a sweet family.

Last edited:
Yay! My Canada Goose eggs have started to hatch! Just some wiggling, but I'm very excited
big_smile.png
Super news!

How satisfying! What about the other two eggs?
Congrats!
Now that is sweet! I hope my gander is as loving when he has goslings. Even though my oldest gander is only 11 weeks, he is now super protective of the 7 and 5 week old goslings with him. Yesterday a drake bit one of the 5 week olds who was off grazing by himself and boy was my gander furious! I hope it means he will be a great papa when the time comes. Congrats on such a sweet family.
Nice to know he´s stopped trying to beat them up! You´ll have your hands full with him, I reckon!
lol.png

love.gif

update pictures....

Ducklings and week old goslings

Oldest 2 sets of goslings and Josephine

Back
Top Bottom