Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

A quick treat: The demise of a head of cabbage! Unfortunately, the rain has turned their entire pen into a giant mud pit, but that will be fixed this weekend. The goose you see the most of is Miracle. I ran in to grab the camera as Wonder and Hope attacked the cabbage, but by the time I got back out, they were done with their share. So everyone else joined in!

0.jpg

Thanks Brazil, Chick, Miss L, Flockman and Star!!! I was so excited and so surprised i didnt expect him to be brown lol both are doing great, had a smooth birth it all happend with in 20 minutes. To Top it all off it came on Mothers Day which was wonderful.
This is the kind of busy i love, told DH i wanted to find two more that were due soon lol
Mom hasnt got see him yet only in pics. She missed the whole thing because she was resting.
Im still tryin to figure out where to find a brooder thats big enough ;) so far hes not in the house though i cant carry 25lbs that far lol
Here he is 12 hrs old, i named him Nestor after my fav old christmas cartoon, Nestor the long earred christmas Donkey lol

:love oh wow! Super cute! How do you get anything done?

A quick treat: The demise of a head of cabbage! Unfortunately, the rain has turned their entire pen into a giant mud pit, but that will be fixed this weekend. The goose you see the most of is Miracle. I ran in to grab the camera as Wonder and Hope attacked the cabbage, but by the time I got back out, they were done with their share. So everyone else joined in!

0.jpg
I love it, and love the way the lil chicks can dart in a grab a piece so fast. I hang the cabbage head and watch tether cabbage at it's finest. They sure are enjoying it.

Love all the little noises. I don't know what is so interesting about a flock of birds pecking at a cabbage but I could watch it all day! (And often do) :lol:

Yay! One of my Canada goslings hatched last night right before bed (I got a video and will post soon), and the other one hatched at around 3am! I'll post pictures and videos as soon as I can :)

So cute! They sure are enjoying their treat.

Back
Top Bottom