Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Ruru, congrats on a great hatching season.
big_smile.png

LB, yes to the eye color and genetics, although hazel is acceptable eye color in buff Toulouse (production and dewlaps). I was planning to sell them when they first hatched, but hubby likes them and decided we should let Chicory/Beignet keep them.
Thank you J. I hatched our 15 myself and Samantha and Grant hatched out two. So 17 goslings this year and way too many people wanting goslings I did not have. I am growing out 5 of them to see the type I am getting and see if I am improving on type and curl... I might have some young teen goslings in the fall or some adults. Not sure just yet!?
I finally moved out three of the goslings I had inside caring for them. My gosh what a difference of how easy it is to clean up after two instead of five! Big relief for me.

Because next week I have to have another operation on my arm to take out more of the parathyroid gland they put in there when they took it out of my neck! This will be the 2nd time worked on since they put it in my arm 2 years ago! June 12th I get the surgery at 7:30.AM..... The doctor said it is really going to hurt because the glands have went and grown into my muscles and he has to remove more muscle in my arm....
barnie.gif

Yikes to your latest round with the doctors. Hope you recover smoothly and quickly!

17 is not too shabby. I think overall my girls produced 2-3 dozen goslings (from people that bought shipped eggs). So far, my girls have only hatched 3 goslings here, but I have three more geese sitting on developing eggs, so we could have more goslings popping out in the next few weeks.

All my babies are growing so fast! Ended up with 5 sebbies and 4 mixed goslings. I am pretty excited that their feathers are comng in, these are my first sebs and I am loving the messy feathers, lol.
[/IMG]

They sure do have a ball in their pools! I love watching the do silly things in the pool.... They crack me up doing the deep swimming, then standing on their heads with the butts up in the air!!!!

I am done hatching for the season. I have cleaned up the incubators and put them up. I do have a Buff seb sitting on a few eggs. But do not think they will hatch. If they do that will be a pleasant surprise. Plus my white girl laid a few more eggs and is sitting. Then another female laid an egg. But I doubt they hatch. Like I said if they do it will be a big surprise to me.

My last gosling the grey female and a saddleback not sure of sex yet. Are growing and eating like little piggie's. The three older ones I kept are doing well. I have one that is either a solid blue or a blue splash I have to wait until this one feather's out all the way. Not sure yet if male or female yet. If solid blue could be either. It a blue splash it will be a gander. This one will be curly.
Love the sound of the blue! Will you be posting a pic when it´s got it feathers through?
Ruru, congrats on a great hatching season.
big_smile.png

LB, yes to the eye color and genetics, although hazel is acceptable eye color in buff Toulouse (production and dewlaps). I was planning to sell them when they first hatched, but hubby likes them and decided we should let Chicory/Beignet keep them.
Well done, hubby!

Thank you J. I hatched our 15 myself and Samantha and Grant hatched out two. So 17 goslings this year and way too many people wanting goslings I did not have. I am growing out 5 of them to see the type I am getting and see if I am improving on type and curl... I might have some young teen goslings in the fall or some adults. Not sure just yet!?
I finally moved out three of the goslings I had inside caring for them. My gosh what a difference of how easy it is to clean up after two instead of five! Big relief for me.

Because next week I have to have another operation on my arm to take out more of the parathyroid gland they put in there when they took it out of my neck! This will be the 2nd time worked on since they put it in my arm 2 years ago! June 12th I get the surgery at 7:30.AM..... The doctor said it is really going to hurt because the glands have went and grown into my muscles and he has to remove more muscle in my arm....
barnie.gif
Oh, Ruru, you poor soul! They put it in, now want to take and out, and the one that suffers is you.....Right! Hope you feel better soon afterwards.

They sure do have a ball in their pools! I love watching the do silly things in the pool.... They crack me up doing the deep swimming, then standing on their heads with the butts up in the air!!!!

Mine haven't mastered that part yet. They go to put their heads in the water and their butts up, but they don't get the balance, and continue on over until they are belly-up in the water with legs flailing! It looks hilarious! A second later, you see their head pop up and then they roll sideways to get back upright.

Part of the problem is that they don't often get water deep enough to do this. I got one of those flimsy-sided pools with a vinyl bottom to it, but once they learned how to get into it by pushing the side down (not going up the little ramp we made for them) they kept draining it!

My brother keeps coming over here to help clear my sister's property of the trees in the back yard to push the wood line back. I think once he gets enough cleared, I'm going to dig out a pond for them! I might even do it close to the unused well housing, so I can run electricity out there and use the well to keep it full...

*runs away with ideas taking shape*

Mine haven't mastered that part yet. They go to put their heads in the water and their butts up, but they don't get the balance, and continue on over until they are belly-up in the water with legs flailing! It looks hilarious! A second later, you see their head pop up and then they roll sideways to get back upright.

Part of the problem is that they don't often get water deep enough to do this. I got one of those flimsy-sided pools with a vinyl bottom to it, but once they learned how to get into it by pushing the side down (not going up the little ramp we made for them) they kept draining it!

My brother keeps coming over here to help clear my sister's property of the trees in the back yard to push the wood line back. I think once he gets enough cleared, I'm going to dig out a pond for them! I might even do it close to the unused well housing, so I can run electricity out there and use the well to keep it full...

*runs away with ideas taking shape*
I got a little kiddie pool, inflatable like yours, so I could separate the teenagers before selling them, but so they´d still have water to splash about in. And yes, they´d push the side down, but they also could get hold of the bungs, even though I pushed them in flat, and drain the thing! They did it a few times, then they pulled the bungs off altogether, and ripped a hole in the bottom. They now have a huge washing-up type bowl. for them.
That sounds a great idea to make a pond there!

Found one of my tufted roman goslings(Ethels)dead, not a mark on her. Looked like she went to sleep and didnt wake up, so agrivated right now i had a perfect trio of pure tufteds 1 male two females, now i only have a pair.
They were spoken for also. Was supposed to get a pair of Blue cayuga ducks in trade, although i was on the fence about them being ducklings i still was considering them.

Back
Top Bottom