Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Yep, it´s all interesting with them...and they and you will learn things for when you´re more serious about breeding them.
My ganders will oblige extra females, but they have their 'wife'.  And the geese like to have their own gander, especially when they have goslings.  I have 5 ganders with a number of geese down in the marsh, and so far no fighting.  they´re working it out between themselves with the slightest jostling yet.  The older gander swans about with his Mrs, totally disinterested in the others´ activities.  I love to watch them. 

It's not that I'm not serious about breeding them, it's more that I don't want to rush them. Breeding when the animals aren't mature is not good for parents or babies. So if they need an extra year or 2 to mature in mind and body, I will wait until they are ready.

It's not that I'm not serious about breeding them, it's more that I don't want to rush them. Breeding when the animals aren't mature is not good for parents or babies. So if they need an extra year or 2 to mature in mind and body, I will wait until they are ready.
Well, they´re most likely to breed next year if you leave it to them, just the results may not be as good as when the females are older, that´s all. Mine are all breeding merrily down there in the marsh, happy as larry. But last year´s females won´t be hatching any of their eggs. The older ones will be....
big_smile.png

Well, they´re most likely to breed next year if you leave it to them, just the results may not be as good as when the females are older, that´s all.  Mine are all breeding merrily down there in the marsh, happy as larry.  But last year´s females won´t be hatching any of their eggs.  The older ones will be....  :D

Mine can have all the "practice" and "exercise" they want. :gig Just not sure I want to put the stress of parent hood on them as yearlings.

Back
Top Bottom