Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Livin the one on top is only a year now and didn't breed him yet and still follows the goose wow hatched him out the one on the bottom pic is 2 years old and is paired with a EmbdenXChinese/greylag

Livin the one on top is only a year now and didn't breed him yet and still follows the goose wow hatched him out the one on the bottom pic is 2 years old and is paired with a EmbdenXChinese/greylag
Yes, I realise it´s young. I wondered what you plan to breed it back to, assuming you have an idea of where you want to go with this one... ( thinking of the steinbacher).....he´s beautiful.

It is early, as well as out of season. But I watched her get in the nest with only the wooden egg in it. When she got off, there was an egg. Ivory duck the climbed into the nest and laid her egg. There was a noticeable size difference between the duck and goose egg.

It also seems like now that Snow and Ivory are laying in the same nest, they have become friends. They will lay next to eachother while the other is in the nest. And Jasmine stays by Snow as well. It's really interesting to watch their interactions and behaviors towards eachother. Lately Ivory and Diasy duck are hanging out with the goose flock, while Ebony hangs out with the Cayuga ducks.
Family dynamics
smile.png

My two new geese are sitting on 10 eggs between them (7 and 3). I´m hoping that they´re their own eggs, and someone hasn´t done a sneaky one. I´m looking forward to seeing if they really are auto-sexing, aas that´s what I understood them to be when I bought them. Time will tell. 10 days til hatch, or thereabouts. I also have one of my cross-breeds brooding two of these eggs. That makes 12 eggs that I hope belong to them, so I should get a good idea about them.

As you can see, they´re small geese. I also have one of my Pilgrims on eggs.

Family dynamics :)

It is really funny. I think the geese racist, lol. The white ducks are allowed to hang with the geese (mixed white Chinese, and African X brown Chinese). But the black mallard and Cayuga ducks are chased off by the geese. At least there are 4 Cayugas (3 females, 1 drake) for Ebony to be friends with, lol.

I think I need to make more duck and goose nests.

Livin i thought the same! he is very close looking to a steinbacher but he is a bit too big. so i must cross him with one of my smaller females that are all white with grey feathers (it is very hard to find lavender females) or a brown female that has bloodline with white goose bloodline :)

Back
Top Bottom