Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Thank you Miss Lydia and livin. These three girls and the two older boys are really coming into feathering slow but sure. But Fall they should look even better with the feathering.
The 3 girls I am keeping. The boys I plan to sell. They will molt these feather's out and regrow new fathering by Fall.

We all know that it happens. I thought it was funny.
I have baby goslings....pics will be on here soon when I get to take them. Mum is being very secretive, but I can hear them, and she´s all fidgety.
big_smile.png
cant wait to see them

Ok, so far I know there are 6 hatched out of 7 eggs. If the goose is auto-sexing, that means I have one male and 4 females so far. I haven´t seen no.6 clearly yet.
You can see the one that should be the little male here with the orangey bill.

Precious!! Congrats on a great first hatch of the season!!

Ok, so far I know there are 6 hatched out of 7 eggs. If the goose is auto-sexing, that means I have one male and 4 females so far. I haven´t seen no.6 clearly yet.
You can see the one that should be the little male here with the orangey bill.
Oh my gosh livin they are beautiful, and wouldn't that be something to only have one gander out of this batch of goslings.. How's mama? Congrats!!

Brazil. finally babies again!!!!
Brazil that going with orangepurple beak looks like a Lavender to me! So many babies!
It´s certainly a strange colour. It did cross my mind. It has almost silvery fluff on the yellow. wouldn´t it be funny if it really was a lavender! I´ll take more pics tomorrow if I have time.
The Pilgrims are due next weekend, and the other 'Normandy' type goose has 5 eggs due the weekend after that.

Oh my gosh livin they are beautiful, and wouldn't that be something to only have one gander out of this batch of goslings.. How's mama? Congrats!!
I asked the woman who I bought them from why she was asking more for her ganders than the geese, and she said that her females breed more females than males, so could well be that there are more females in this batch.
I don´t see any saddlebacks yet, though. I´m not sure about this, but could be that the spot gene is submissive to the dilute gene, if, indeed these are auto-sexing. I´ll have to read up about it. Anyway, time will tell.
There´s one more egg to go to make it 100% hatch, that´d be good!

Back
Top Bottom