Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

starfire geese need to get used to the hutch and go for places they prefer best and don't like being forced to lay somewhere but don't like new things so if you wait a few days they will for sure start looking around in there and might lay!
I know this because i did the same Haha i made. 3 extras but the females stocked with the first one but eventually all of them layer in there so they had to wait till one goose was done so they later in the other hutches .
But they take time getting used to the new laying places.

He is starting to have a little trouble again. It is nowhere near as bad as last year, but I want to take a more aggressive approach this year while the weather and grass are still nice.

Unfortunately, Spirit will always battle bumblefoot because he is so heavy and the weight is not displaced evenly across his feet. But Spirit's tough and can handle the occasional veterinary procedures. It is a fair trade off for otherwise living the good life.

Scott (my vet) has made him a custom boot before. The tricky part is his foot changes shape due to procedures, frostbite issues, and evolution due to deformity, and unless the bottom is molded properly, it causes the wrong feet/leg muscles to be strained. Scott wants to him be barefoot as much as possible, but I will not be surprised if he puts Spirit back into a boot next weekend for a bit.

Unfortunately, Spirit will always battle bumblefoot because he is so heavy and the weight is not displaced evenly across his feet. But Spirit's tough and can handle the occasional veterinary procedures. It is a fair trade off for otherwise living the good life.
So nice to have such a caring mama too.
smile.png

i dunno about ye but here in Ireland the trees are turning orange already! last year they began turning orange in October!And it is in October every year.
Nature is weird these days XD

Back
Top Bottom