Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Thanks, Serv.  The baby African cross turned out to be a boy.  Luckily, my friend had two similar aged girls and a solo adult female, so we swapped the juvenile boy for the adult girl.  It worked out well for both of us.  Unfortunately, the last solo African baby hatched by my white goose has also turned out to be a boy, once again leaving me gander heavy.  I need to rehome him, too.  Ugh.

Good to hear that you had a good swap and the baby African hatched by the white has he grown big?

They´re lovely, I´m sure you´ll really enjoy them. I wonder if they´ll be all white when they grow, like Embdens?
I thought you must be in the Southern Hemisphere. Yet another keeping everyone supplied with gozzie pics!
There´s another person on these threads from Australia that has Pilgrims.
Keep us up-to-date with their development, won´t you?
This is them yesterday afternoon down at the pond but we have had a fox around so have to keep and eye out on them

They´re gorgeous! I have 23 goslings this year, from 1 week old up to around 6 weeks, and they´re totally delightful, so funny. :)
livin...23 under 6 weeks old...boy would I love that...don't have any idea what I would do with them but I would love it...could never sell them (I say that now) would have to greatly expand my waterfowl environment

This is them yesterday afternoon down at the pond but we have had a fox around so have to keep and eye out on them

They are charming beyond imagining. Do they actually get in the water yet?

livin...23 under 6 weeks old...boy would I love that...don't have any idea what I would do with them but I would love it...could never sell them (I say that now) would have to greatly expand my waterfowl environment
It´s not so bad selling them when the people that come are so delighted with them. They go to live on little farmsteads, etc, and people here don´t eat them as a rule, so it´s fine. :)

how do you get a micro duckling?

It is purely by accident.
hu.gif

Good to hear that you had a good swap and the baby African hatched by the white has he grown big?

Thanks. We are very pleased with the female, even if the boy we got her for doesn't want her. The baby African has gotten pretty big. Shame if it is, in fact, a boy. Can't have any more ganders in that group. There's already 7 boys which is a lot of testosterone during breeding season.

It is purely by accident.  :confused:

Thanks.  We are very pleased with the female, even if the boy we got her for doesn't want her.  The baby African has gotten pretty big.  Shame if it is, in fact, a boy.  Can't have any more ganders in that group.  There's already 7 boys which is a lot of testosterone during breeding season.

Yea i understand haha so are you planning on selling him

They are charming beyond imagining. Do they actually get in the water yet?
Yeah This was them a while ago in there little bath they are so funny to watch will keep updated. Will be going into the big pen shortly with my turkeys and ducks and chooks so will be more photos to come

Back
Top Bottom