Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

How old is Indie? they all look very robust . thanks for sharing pics.

Not sure her age. She was picked up by Richard during a massive round-up at a local park/dumping ground this past spring and was already laying eggs, so she is at least 1.5 years old.

Nice looking birds Iain and i love your BrownAfricanXWhiteAfrican gander in backgroud with female Brown African but i am very biased when it comes to Africans :E

Thanks! By the way, the brown/white African is a female even though she is striking a male pose in the picture.
wink.png

Every tree that has little or no flowers like Ash,beech,oak,scotspine,any pine really,maybe horsechestnut and well yea we have basically every tree in the world in Europe since we have all climates the world has.

I am planning to cross my Buff gander(sloppy joe)with one of my embden females because i wonder what the outcome will be :/ My guess is the females would be buff with maybe a white stripe across the belly (just like a female BrownAfricanXEmbden)but the male what would they look like? White with buff feathers here and there or lavender.

The only reason i am planning this is because i have no african female for sloppy joe yet and he is a first year so breeding won't be as successful and it is very interesting.

Livin it is more macho but so dull haha and bald but sure it will do for the meantime XD
Hey, I found a macho tree...the
Phellodendron amurense​
'Macho' or commonly called the Macho Amur Cork tree. "​
Growing 30 to 40 feet tall with an equal spread, `Macho' Amur Cork tree has a short, thick trunk and an open, rounded canopy which makes it ideal as a durable shade tree. It can be used as a street and parking lot planting because it is fruitless. The deciduous, dark green, pinnately compound leaflets change to bronze and yellow in the fall before dropping. The insignificant yellow/green flowers appear in late May to early June on 2 to 3.5-inch-long panicles. Fruits are not produced on this male selection of Cork tree (Univ. of Florida)". It grows throughout the US except in the deep south so it should do just fine in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom