Goslings of 2014 Hatch-a-long

Hello everyone! It has been three weeks since I have been on the site! This time of year flies by for me and my computer is still on the fritz...some days it works and some not.

A while back there was a discussion about the geese laying at the wrong times of the year and what is going on with the world!....

Well.. =) I saw a post from a local farmer that she has 5 week old pilgrims!

I am wondering what you guys think about me bringing home a gossie for Forest. She is still very much imprinted to us. We built a 10x20 predator proof run for her and she stays out there for several hours during the day now but still comes inside to sleep. She is to the point of tolerating being in the same run (but fenced off separately) with the ducks and Oliver (maybe her future pil gander) but they chase her and peck at her including Oliver. she is terrified of them and they are mean to her.

Is it possible for her to bond with a gosling? if i were to try it, what would be the best scenario?

is she more likely to bond with a female? 2 females? a male? (all 5 wk old pils)

I am thinking about returning Oliver since I watched him walked over to Forest and try to yank a feather out of her back.

What do you guys think?

@Miss Lydia @livininbrazil @servpolice

Hello everyone! It has been three weeks since I have been on the site! This time of year flies by for me and my computer is still on the fritz...some days it works and some not.

A while back there was a discussion about the geese laying at the wrong times of the year and what is going on with the world!....

Well.. =) I saw a post from a local farmer that she has 5 week old pilgrims!

I am wondering what you guys think about me bringing home a gossie for Forest. She is still very much imprinted to us. We built a 10x20 predator proof run for her and she stays out there for several hours during the day now but still comes inside to sleep. She is to the point of tolerating being in the same run (but fenced off separately) with the ducks and Oliver (maybe her future pil gander) but they chase her and peck at her including Oliver. she is terrified of them and they are mean to her.

Is it possible for her to bond with a gosling? if i were to try it, what would be the best scenario?

is she more likely to bond with a female? 2 females? a male? (all 5 wk old pils)

I am thinking about returning Oliver since I watched him walked over to Forest and try to yank a feather out of her back.

What do you guys think?

@Miss Lydia @livininbrazil @servpolice
Oliver is at the age where his hormones are probably getting started, but usually gander aren't nasty to other geese especially females but if you feel you should return him then that's up to you, but is going to be hard on Oliver, on the other hand if you want to bring home a friend for Forest I'd go with another girl then you don't have to worry about mating. and they will be happy with each other. You'll have to introduce Forest and new gosling slowly for a day or 2 but I think she'll accept the 5 week old fine. just watch she doesn't start pulling feathers like Ollie is doing to her. But if Forest can ever be with the rest of the geese 2 girls and Oliver would be the best .
Good to see you back.

Well got a bit of good news yesterday, I sent 2 pics of my 6 months old gozzies. I know they aren't babies anymore but they are to me. anyway I sent the pics to the breeder and she thinks Babe looks like a girl too, I am happy but still won't be completely 100% till I see breeding. Won't be too much longer though.
smile.png

Well got a bit of good news yesterday, I sent 2 pics of my 6 months old gozzies. I know they aren't babies anymore but they are to me. anyway I sent the pics to the breeder and she thinks Babe looks like a girl too, I am happy but still won't be completely 100% till I see breeding. Won't be too much longer though. :)

With that news, will there be Sammy babies in the near future ?

With that news, will there be Sammy babies in the near future ?
I am thinking Sam isn't very fertile anymore, the only gosling that made it to hatch out of 8 didn't make it through the shell.
sad.png

But it's okay I am happy spending the next 20 something years with the 4 I have. Well we'll see how long I make with them they may out live me. lol

Something I just thought of. At what point does this thread become "Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long"? Will we have a party to put 2014 to bed? Should I start shopping for party hats for my geese?

Hahaha basically it will be the 2015 Hatch-a-Long when people are starting to see signs of breeding with their geese, and yea that person makes the Hatch-a-Long.

Back
Top Bottom