Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

So all my ducklings are out, 6 in total. They all appear strong and healthy. Now I'm waiting on the lone fertile goose egg that is due to hatch tomorrow or the day after. I originally set 2, but 1 wasn't fertile, so I'm grateful the lone gosling will have duckling friends. The other goose are are due to hatch 11 days from now, and the last set are due 5 days later. Then it's break time for me and my incubator, unless I get another request for babies, lol. I think I have hatching fever!

Here are my Cayuga ducklings.

THERE ADORABLE can't wait til i get my ducks and geese from Metzer farms hope the goozie hatches :fl

THERE ADORABLE can't wait til i get my ducks and geese from Metzer farms hope the goozie hatches :fl

Me 2. Originally all these eggs were under broodies. But the eggs were being smashed, or some of the mothers got up and left the nest after 2 weeks. They are all young and inexperienced geese, ducks, and chickens, so I thought it might happen. I just didn't think all 4 "mothers" would do this bad! So I rescued what I could and prayed. So far so good. Here is hoping the goslings make it. :fl

psue you keep coming and going, good to see you again.
wink.png

How are you and your flock?
Yes Miss Lydia I know... still having trouble with getting into the excitement of the different seasons as they are all bitter sweet. But I'm ready for babies!!! Nothing heals quite like playing with babies. The flock and I are all doing very well Thanks.
love.gif

Keep us updated on progress.
x2

Yes Miss Lydia I know... still having trouble with getting into the excitement of the different seasons as they are all bitter sweet. But I'm ready for babies!!! Nothing heals quite like playing with babies. The flock and I are all doing very well Thanks.
love.gif

x2

I'm sure it is..
hugs.gif
you better have some babies i have to live through you all this year.
smile.png
they do help with the healing don't they.

Hey friends, long time no chat. It's been a crazy process building our new house and moving, but we finally spent our first night last night in our new forever home. There is still a lot of work remaining to be done before the project is completed, but it sure feels good to have all of our animals consolidated onto one property. So far everyone is adjusting well as we head into breeding season. I expect to start seeing eggs in the next couple of weeks. Hope to have more time to participate on the thread as things should start to settle down soon.
smile.png

Paulla, good to see you!! Look forward to hearing about your 2015 hatching season.

Starfire, congrats on your new ducklings and best of luck for a healthy baby gosling!

Hey friends, long time no chat.  It's been a crazy process building our new house and moving, but we finally spent our first night last night in our new forever home.  There is still a lot of work remaining to be done before the project is completed, but it sure feels good to have all of our animals consolidated onto one property. So far everyone is adjusting well as we head into breeding season.  I expect to start seeing eggs in the next couple of weeks.  Hope to have more time to participate on the thread as things should start to settle down soon. :)

Paulla, good to see you!! Look forward to hearing about your 2015 hatching season.

Starfire, congrats on your new ducklings and best of luck for a healthy baby gosling!

My gosling is in serious trouble. It pipped, but a huge section of egg came off (maybe there was damage I didn't see when I rescued the egg from mom?). I can clearly see membrane and active blood vessels. I have put a moist paper towel over the hole to try and prevent the membrane from drying out and shrinking wrapping him. The little guy is peeping and seems relatively unhurt, but I am very worried for him.

My gosling is in serious trouble. It pipped, but a huge section of egg came off (maybe there was damage I didn't see when I rescued the egg from mom?). I can clearly see membrane and active blood vessels. I have put a moist paper towel over the hole to try and prevent the membrane from drying out and shrinking wrapping him. The little guy is peeping and seems relatively unhurt, but I am very worried for him.

Unless it is bleeding he will be fine. You did the right thing with the moist paper towel. Just make sure its not covering his air hole. Let him be just check on him from time to time without startling him and he should hatch with no problem.
Watch for bleeding and shrink wrapping. You still have plenty of time. Goslings take 24-48 hrs before coming out completely. Try not to panic & rush things by helping too early thats when things can go wrong very quickly

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom