Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Here's Mango sitting on her nest. I just checked, there's nine eggs now!! When will she decide to sit?
Mine laid a clutch of about 20 eggs between the two of them but only Lydia sat the nest. I will depend on a lot of things including location, how safe the bird feels the nest is (if it is unsafe in her mind she may just abandon the nest), Lydia decided to sit when her hormones told her to. I actually though she was dying the day before...that is how hard they set in on her. But the next day she sat the nest and did not move except to eat and drink for 29 days and...8 goslings came marching out with her.

Well, I'm thinking the last three sebbie eggs I got in the mail aren't fertile. I've only checked my one though and not the two Lacie has. However, the four local ones are all developing :weee

I'm worried she's going to lay too many to cover
if she does don't worry too much. She will arrange her nest to suit her needs. However, your hatch rate may be reduced some. I am a big believer in letting her do the work and not incubation but that is just me. It means fewer babies usually but that is o.k. with me and she has her hands (wings?) full now with eight.

if she does don't worry too much. She will arrange her nest to suit her needs. However, your hatch rate may be reduced some. I am a big believer in letting her do the work and not incubation but that is just me. It means fewer babies usually but that is o.k. with me and she has her hands (wings?) full now with eight.

I'm very proud of myself for not taking the eggs away... Normally I would want to do it all myself but something told me to let her do it

Back
Top Bottom