Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Had to update with a picture of them...2 weeks old tomorrow. The have three very protective adults (mom, dad and aunt) that watch their every move and never leave their sides. I can't believe how fast they are growing.

What a sweet pic. They really do grow very fast, pretty soon you'll have a whole mafia on your hands.

So I went up to my incubator, and one of my geese has hatched, he's massive!! It's my first time hatching geese, so wasn't expecting it to be that big!! But One of my geese has pipped at the wrong end!!! ? What do I do?? Please help!

So I went up to my incubator, and one of my geese has hatched, he's massive!! It's my first time hatching geese, so wasn't expecting it to be that big!! But One of my geese has pipped at the wrong end!!! ? What do I do?? Please help!
did you try PMing psue how big is the pip big enough it can get oxygen while it is pipping?

Well, the one baby Shetland and mom are doing ok, but it has been 4 days and the other 5 eggs have not hatched yet. Since this is the first time she set and her sister was laying also , I am not sure how old the eggs were., I know some were layed later. So I started my incubators and may take them, and candle and see if they are alive. Then if they hatch I can keep them inside a week or so and then return to mom and baby #1. I had a goose set forever until I had to take the stinky eggs from her and this mom isn't eating the flockraiser I put in the house or her feed, only some grass I pull so I am a bit concerned for her... the baby is picking at food and the straw and clover I put in and seems healthy, the weather is cool/mild ...thankfully not a hot spell....
My 2 Africans have 2 nest next to each other, one is very dedicated... the other seems to get up off her nest more, the rest of their flock checks on them, but I may fence them off as there are one year old gandars and the older moms attack them sometimes....(go figure) and yank their back feathers out....if they get too close.
Time to go check them... since my Genisis is stable on temp, and the still is still figuring out the right wafer setting.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom